• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Children of Peter and Margaret Robinson

emeltee

Loyal Member
Peter Robinson marriaed Margaret Naylor in Prescot, Lancashire in 1774 and in 1775 their daughter Catherine was baptised in Prescot.

The next batism I can find on Lancs opc is for Peter 1785 in Seaforth followed by Mary in 1778. The there are Ellen 1793 and James 1795 baptised at Walton on the Hill.

As you can see there is a 10 year gap between Catherine in 1775 and Peter in 1785. fs has three possible baptisms in St Helens John 1778, Peggy 1781 and James 1776 but unfortunately Lancs opc doesn't cover St Helens baptisms for this period. However Ancestry does but I don't subscribe so would be grateful if anyone who does could have a look for me and kindly let me have the details.

Many thanks

Emeltee

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538-1975. Transcripts.

Name: John Robinson
Birth Date: 20 Dec 1778
Baptism Date: 3 Jan 1779
Baptism Place: Saint Helens,Lancashire,England
Father: Peter Robinson
FHL Film Number: 942.72 K29PR

Name: Peggy Robinson
Birth Date: 3 Jun 1781
Baptism Date: 17 Jun 1781
Baptism Place: Saint Helens,Lancashire,England

Name: James Robinson
Birth Date: 16 Sep 1776
Birth Place: Saint Helens,Lancashire,England

No mothers name given MLT.:confused:

Looking at the original for James Robinson, it seems he was born 16th Sept. Father, a Shoemaker 'of Dutton'.

Further down the same page.......

Born Oct 25th. 1776 - Jane Robinson, dau. of Peter Robinson. Wheelwright 'of Eccleston'.

Steve.:)

Last edited:

emeltee

Loyal Member
I was hoping that there would be images which might give more detail. My Peter was a wheelwright so it looks like Jane might be one of mine but James certainly isn't. I just can't believe that they didn't have any children in ten years then produced four in the following ten years. They'll be out there somewhere, the problem is finding them!

Thanks Steve,

Emeltee

emeltee

Loyal Member
The entries for Walton on the Hill give mother's name as Margaret and also state she was the daughter of James Naylor. A pity all registers don't give the same info. I once came across the burial of a 60 year old which stated the fact that he was the son of and gave the names of his parents. Very helpful.

Emeltee

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
The 'other' Peter Robinson(the Shoemaker), seems to be having children by 1769 @ St Helens, Prescot.

This maybe the same person, possibly.......???

NAME: Molly Robinson
MOTHER: Margt Robinson
FATHER: Peter Robinson (of Langtree). No occupation given.
BAPTISM: 7 Dec 1766 - Standish, St Wilfrid, Lancashire, England
VITAL: 7 Dec 1766 - Standish, St Wilfrid, Lancashire, England.

It seems you hit lucky, with parents of the same names.:eek:

emeltee

Loyal Member
I'm certain my family is the wheelwright one. First born daughter Catherine is named after her maternal grandmother and Peter's occupation is given in the baptism entry. Could be coincidence but one of his grandsons was a wheel wright as well.

Emeltee