• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Chiovaro

Hiya, Can anyone help me trace Joseph Chiovaro before 1890? He was born in Spain abt.1860. He married Emma Blanche who was born in England abt 1865. He had four daughters Edith, Daisy, Grace, and Mable. He lived in New Jersey abt 1890. Thank You:confused:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
1900 U.S. Census.

Name: Joseph Checbvera
[Joseph Chiebvera]
Birth Date: Apr 1860
Birthplace: Spain
Home in 1900: Camden Ward 2, Camden, New Jersey
[Camden, Camden, New Jersey]
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1880

Spouse - Emma Checbvera
Marriage Year: 1890
Years Married: 10
Father's Birthplace: Spain
Mother's Birthplace: Spain

Joseph Checbvera 40. Occ. House painter.
Emma Checbvera 35. b.England.
Edith B Checbvera 7
Daisy M Checbvera 6
Grace A Checbvera 4
Mabel J Checbvera 8 months.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1910 U.S Census.

Name: Joseph Chiobaro
[Joseph Chiobars]
Age in 1910: 48
Birth Year: 1862
Birthplace: Spain
Home in 1910: Camden Ward 2, Camden, New Jersey
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1882

Spouse's Name: Emma Chiobaro
Father's Birthplace: Spain
Mother's Birthplace: Spain

Joseph Chiobaro 48. Occ. Painter.
Emma Chiobaro 45. b. England.
Edith B Chiobaro 17
Daisy M Chiobaro 16
Grace A Chiobaro 14
Mable J Chiobaro 10

Steve.:)

Last edited:
Hiya Steve, Thank you for the info but I do have this info from the Ancestry site. I was looking for info before 1890, immigration etc. or a marriage between Emma and Joseph. I cant seem to find anything. I have also tried the Mormon site but nothing there either. I dont know where to try next. But thank you anyway for your help.

Norm:confused:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hiya Steve, Thank you for the info but I do have this info from the Ancestry site. I was looking for info before 1890, immigration etc. or a marriage between Emma and Joseph. I cant seem to find anything. I have also tried the Mormon site but nothing there either. I dont know where to try next. But thank you anyway for your help.

Norm:confused:

Hi Norma.

I did realize you may have had this info, but it may help others to further your cause.;)

Is Blanche, Emma's maiden name.? Is this from a birth cert, or marrriage cert.

Good luck, and good hunting.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
It appears from the 1920 US Census, that Joseph arrived in America, 8 years before Emma.

Emma appears to have arrived in America in 1890.

Emma Blanch
Arrival Date: 26 Aug 1890
Birth Year: abt 1864
English
Place of Origin: England
Departure: Liverpool, England and Queenstown, Ireland
Destination - United States of America
Port Arrival State: New York

Ship Name: Wyoming.

Last edited:

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi,

There a J Chiovaro on the incoming passenger list for the US. Sorry but an unable to view the details. I did try Castle Gardens passengers lists but the site is unobtainable (unsafe site).

Hiya Steve, Thanks for the ships name the"Wyoming". It seems Emma came to the USA on her own. Blanch is her maiden name. I found this out from death records of two of the children on the Mormon site. On some records its spelt Blanch and others Blanche. In the English records there a few about the same age unfortunatly I dont know the correct spelling. As for Joseph Chiovaro still nothing. A lot of Chiovaro's come from Italy but I do know from records and from my grandmother he does actually come from Spain, but that is as far as I have got-still a brick wall!!! So I am still looking.:confused:

Thanks Norm

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hiya Steve, Thanks for the ships name the"Wyoming". It seems Emma came to the USA on her own. Blanch is her maiden name. I found this out from death records of two of the children on the Mormon site. On some records its spelt Blanch and others Blanche. In the English records there a few about the same age unfortunatly I dont know the correct spelling. As for Joseph Chiovaro still nothing. A lot of Chiovaro's come from Italy but I do know from records and from my grandmother he does actually come from Spain, but that is as far as I have got-still a brick wall!!! So I am still looking.:confused:

Thanks Norm

A tiny chip out of that wall all helps.:biggrin:

At least it narrows down the marriage date a bit, and where it may have occured.
So the search goes on for the marriage, and hopefully more info from that.

There is an Emma Blamche c1864. Stroud, Gloucestershire, which is worth a further look. Father is Joseph Blanche c1820. Stroud.;)

She ends up in London, with apparent sister Elizabeth Blanche c.1856.(Stroud). Living with William Peacock 1810. Kingston upon Thames, Surrey. She/they are listed as niece.:)

Last edited: