• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Christopher Cookson

messers

HI Michelle here from a very cold jerusalem. This is my 1st time on the chat site.

I am looking for information on Christopher Cookson. All I know is that he married Ann. One of their children was Rev Christopher Cookson (1823 - 1874)who was born in Wellington Somerset. Rev Christopher Cookson married Harriet Charlotte Walker (b. abt 1828 in London).

any suggestions?:confused:

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Messrs

I found a baptism of a Christopher Cookson in Frome in Somerset in 1824, son of Christopher and Jane Cookson. Could she have been Jane instead of Ann?

I have also looked on the 1841 and 1851 censuses but not found Christopher Cookson Snr.

Maybe getting the marriage cert of him to Harriet Charlotte will reveal the fathers occupation and might, just might mention whther he was deceased.

Ben

messers

HI Ben

With transcribing errors etc. it is highly possible that the mother is Jane.

Could you send me the baptism info you found.

I have him in 1851 census, this is the 1st census I have for him, nothing earlier. In 1851 he is a Reverend in Charterhouse, Holburn.

I still have not been able to find anything on his parents nor his marragie cert.

Michelle

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Michelle

Christopher Cookson

Christening:
04 FEB 1824 Holy Trinity, Frome, Somerset, England

Parents:
Father: Christopher Cookson
Mother: Jane

I also found a baptism of a child in 1861 to Christopher and Harriet in Dallington, Northampton on the IGI.

I found a 15 year old Christopher Cookson in the 1841 census in St Pancras London with a Jane Cookson aged 30. Possibly an older sister. Also with them is an Emma Cookson aged 5.

There was an Emma Cookson baptised in 1834 in Wellington, daughter of Christopher and Jane Cookson.

Ben

Last edited: