• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Churchyards of villages your ancestors lived in.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Always worth a trip. In the past couple of days I went to Stambridge and Rochford churchyards and found several graves with headtsones or those stone borders around them.

My great grandfather's brother who went to Canada in 1910 for a few months is buried in St Andrew Rochford, Nathan James Stock. His sister is buried at the opposite side of the church.

Also my great, great grandparents James and Gertrude Taylor have a marked grave in Stambridge churchyard along with one of their daughters Elizabeth Taylor who died in 1977 and who never married, also one of his other daughters, my ancestor Olive Titshall is buried next to him with one of her 3 sons.

I feel I am a little bit closer to finding out what happened to Agnes May Taylor born 1902 and Nora Annie Taylor born 1899 in Stambridge as they disappear after about 1929.

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
That would be nice Benny, if I lived anywhere my ancestors came from. Sadly there were from all over the place, it's what happens when your born in London or greater London. It's a place where people descended from all over the country or other countries for work. Still, I could always visit Manor Park cemetery I think I have some there, apart from my father :)

Amanda