• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Classon family in dublin

Looking information in the classon family in Dublin. Would like to know if they are French Huguenot family in Dublin I know my 5 times great grandfather is John Classon that built classon bridge in Dublin. I know his ancestor was granted land in county Wicklow/ county Dublin border by William 3rd after battle of the boyne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDqHCudwv2s

Classon's Bridge is a bridge over the River Dodder in Dublin between Milltown and Dartry. The bridge is part of the Lower Churchtown Road (L3001) and has an underpass for pedestrians walking along the banks of the Dodder.

History

The bridge takes its name from John Classon, the owner of a mill, who built the bridge in order to aid his business which was located on the left bank of the river, now the location of the well known Dublin pub, The Dropping Well.[1] The bridge was made from granite blocks on the river bed. In 1928 the bridge was widened but parts of the old bridge can still be seen underneath. A little upstream from the bridge is a statue of a Rhino in the middle of the river.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 Scottish Genealogy Roots 12
DaveHam9 1871 Census Request 3
DaveHam9 Travel and Migration 2
M Scottish Genealogy Roots 18
DaveHam9 Births 2
DaveHam9 1911 Census Request 3