• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Clayton Edward Burgin (1930-2001)

Nanaki

Hi there.

I dont know where to post this as first time want to know what he does in military, got his record (little book) after my late grandma passed away not long ago in Aug of this year, and we had a family gathering around late Sept to early October at their house which will be put up for sale or whatever they do :-( sort few things and we managed to find this little book, my mum knew that I am going to need it so I took some photos of it before hand it to my auntie.

Clayton - my granddad, bless him - he was born in Langley Mill in 1930 and raised in Langley Mill and married to Betty Hutsby, bless her and Clayton's parents were Clayton and Eva.

He went to army to join The sherwood foresters 1st Battalion on 3 Mar 1950 but I got his discharge book. He went on terminal leave on 1st September 1950. So he left military in 1950 I think to went on to have kids. All I got of his occupation was Civilian trade was fitter and service trade was carrier dur(?). His rank was Private. His short time in army or has he been in army for a while??? I have no ideas.

Any information would be grateful to send me on my way. :)

Nanaki