• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Computer Updates

Ellie7

From
Scotland
Monday night I had updates loaded to my computer. Could not get into my Ancestry yesterday ,kept going to my past user name now defunct.Also have a new "icon" on my taskbar .Task View ,all the sites I have been to since it was put on.

Ellie

Yeah, that update was a major one. Keeps reverting to default settings and totally ignores any modifications users make or changes made to the registry.

At least I've found a way to get my text sizes and fonts back to how I like them.

Most of the new features, especially one called 'sets' I don't need because I don't sync with a smart phone or any other device. Yeah, they now have set a sort of time line.

Microsoft now blocks pages and tells me if I want to view them to turn my ad blocker off !! Damn them. They are now putting ads on the log on screen.

I have UK English but US keyboard so I get $ and not £ but they insist I need the English keyboard.

I've found a short cut way of changing the system font from Segoe UI. I've changed to Tahoma.

Last edited:
They are sooooo annoying, it's even interferred with my firewall. I have new updates for the firewall which I keep trying to load, but this isn't happening because they are not being completed, I always have one vunerability.

Amanda

Not sure when it happened, it's been like it for weeks. It always says I'm fully protected, so may be it's just a glitch.

Amanda

It tells me when I have an update, so I press for the update but nothing happens and then I'm told I'm fully protected with one vunerability.

Amanda

Back