• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Conrad Norbelie

annejay

Is anyone able to look up Conrad Norbelie-sometimes transcribed as Norbelig-born Sweden c1871 living in London in 1901 census.I think he was married before he married my grandmothers cousin,Georgina Abbott in St Pancras in 1910.I have recently discovered that she went with him to Sweden where he died in 1919 and she died in Sweden in 1881 in her 101st year!aM TRYING TO FIND IF THEY HAD ANY CHILDREN BUT MOST SITES SEEM TO BE IN sWEDISH.Sorry about that ,pushed the wrong button.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Anne

I think he is living on his own in the 1871 census at 63 Clarence Gardens St Pancras, a shoemaker, Head, Single, aged 30 born Sweden. Transcribed as Conrad Norbelig.

Ben

annejay

Thankyou Ben.I presume you mean the 1901 census? I nteresting as almost all my ancestors seem to have been shoemakers,think we must have covered the entire country.Makes a change from Ag Labs!
Anne NZ,:cool:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Thankyou Ben.I presume you mean the 1901 census? I nteresting as almost all my ancestors seem to have been shoemakers,think we must have covered the entire country.Makes a change from Ag Labs!
Anne NZ,:cool:

Whats wrong with Ag labs. I love ag labs, I would not have survived without ag labs. My life would be meaningless without them.:'( :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just kidding. My whole family were ag labs. An odd carpenter, bootmaker, Victualler, but 98% ag labs.
Sad, but I get excited when I find someone who has 'broke the mould'.:biggrin:

Steve.:) (Son of a Lorry Driver).

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Annejay,

Found these births a possibility from Conrads 1st marriage

Year 1902 George Conrad Norbelie district St Pancras Oct/Nov/Dec 1/4
Year 1902 Victor Norbelie district St Pancras Jan/Feb/Mar 1/4
Year 1904 Harold Bernard Norbelie district St Marylebone Jan/Feb/Mar 1/4

Deaths

Year 1902

George Conrad Norbelie Oct/Nov/Dec 1/4
Victor Norbelie Jan/Feb/Mar 1/4
District St Pancras

Last edited:

annejay

Well confession time-those that emigrated out here to NZ all became Ag Labs or farmers as we call them here.Obviously no shoes available and plenty of mariners left behind in Liverpool.
Julie,thanks for the info,I found some on a Swedish site but it had no translation,just wondered about his first wife as I think they go by their maiden names or family names.Wish they had all stayed English!
Anne NZ.:biggrin:

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Annejay,

Theres a Swedish dance couple by the name of Norbelie perhaps a rellie,
though it dosnt seem a common name in Sweden.

The only way to find out the 1st wifes name is to get one of the birth certificates.

annejay

Thanks Julie will look at that site especially in English.I have found it to be an uncommon name,There are a couple on Facebook but am a bit wary about using it.
Annejay:eek:

annejay

Hi Julie
Update on family Norbelie.The dancing couple are rellies and I made contact and have a whole new part of the family tree.Conrads first wife was part of the Swedish Royal Family.It has been an interesting journey so far.Thanks for your imput.
Annejay NZ.