• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Contacting living relatives?

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

I am on Facebook and recently a cousin who I have been in contact with for 6 years is now my friend on there. I have met her. She has an older brother who is now 80. She has mentioned me to him so I added him as a friend to make contact and it then said "Awaiting confirmation" but I checked today and it says "Add as Friend" again yet I only sent the request last night. To me it seems he has rejected my friend request.

Their father born in 1902 is my great grandmothers younger brother.

Most relatives I have made good contact with but I suppose for the ones that aren't as interested, its their problem and their loss.

Ben

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Give the poor chap a chance Ben.:D :)

He's 80 years old, don't give up on him. Perhaps he spends more time reading or watching TV, than he does on a computer.

My missus uses Facebook, and sometimes she only goes on it once a week, and sometimes longer. And she's a spring chicken by comparison.:D :) :)

Steve.:)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Poor missus!!

She doesn't have much choice, does she ? Someone else is hogging the computer :( :(
Maddie
Poor missus.:eek: :eek: Do you honestly think, that I would be allowed to dominate her time on the computer.

I think not Maddie. She's just really bored of Facebook, and my dearest prefers to phone her friends and rellies and have a good old 'live' yakking session.:)

Hi
I'm feeling pretty chuffed at the moment. Out of the blue I got an email from a young lass, asking how I was connected to her G.Grandfather. He was in fact my Grandfather's brother. We are now slowly getting to know each other better. Its the first contact I have had with someone from the Lambert line

dave

woodlander

Valued Member
Your judgement seems a bit hasty Ben - give it a little more time perhaps? Maybe you could contact him through his sister who you are already in touch with? Just an idea - I have personal security issues with Facebook and no longer use it - that might/might not be the problem here too. Just a suggestion, each to his own, I don't want to offend Facebook users, nor do I expect my rejection of it to be ridiculed but you might be more successful by e mail or other means of contact. Good luck with it. :)

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Give the poor chap a chance Ben.:D :)

He's 80 years old, don't give up on him. Perhaps he spends more time reading or watching TV, than he does on a computer.

My missus uses Facebook, and sometimes she only goes on it once a week, and sometimes longer. And she's a spring chicken by comparison.:D :) :)

Even at 80 he may be down the rub a dub most evenings drinking whiskey.