• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Convert my GEDCOM into a readable format

anomis66

From
England
My family tree is only a small one (580 individuals, 202 family). I've been working on it, on and off, for 10+ years. Over that time I have changed my default software application a couple of times and also changed my recording methods as I've learnt better ways.

What I would like to do is print my GEDCOM file in a human readable format. I want to revisit the older records and update the way that the initial information was captured (example: to review address fields, some are against individuals, some against family groups).

Is anyone aware of a piece of (Windows) software that can do this please?

Mine are all in Lever Arch Files with their own sleeves.Printed out when found.Need to add a few early ones and a few recent ones found .My Ancestry Family Tree saver is old and i don't think i will be buying another ,that will go out of fashion and another brought in.

Last edited:
My family tree is only a small one (580 individuals, 202 family). I've been working on it, on and off, for 10+ years. Over that time I have changed my default software application a couple of times and also changed my recording methods as I've learnt better ways.

What I would like to do is print my GEDCOM file in a human readable format. I want to revisit the older records and update the way that the initial information was captured (example: to review address fields, some are against individuals, some against family groups).

Is anyone aware of a piece of (Windows) software that can do this please?
Hi I just copy the file into excel, you can just open it and read it.

You could try MyHeritage free trial. Upload your Gedcom,(it may say that you have to many names but just ignore). then click "created a family book", this will display all your tree in readable format which you can save and print.

Back