• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

COOPER & TERRY

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Apart from the birth all other records have Frances E or Frances Emma.

You asked why Bridge? Relations there ??

Dave

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Lots of Terry deaths in Bridge RD.

We know Joan was born after the 1918 marriage (Frances E) and mmn was Terry.

I can't think of any other search option.

Dave

horse

Loyal Member
Cannot find this one after 1938, can't see a credible death?

Frances Emma Cooper
Electoral Date: 1938
Street address: 2a Workshop
Ward or Division/Constituency: Deptford
County or Borough: Lewisham

Geoff

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Births Sep 1885
Pauchet Albert Edward St. Geo. H. Sq. 1a 405

I've been looking for Albert in 1939 index and keep getting Patchett.

Dave

Perplexed

:eek:

Always something.. Living as Hales, marries as Alfred James Terry 1928 in Camberwell.. Must be a remarriage?

Registration district: Croydon
Registration District Number: 39
Sub-registration district: Penge
14 Clifton Grove, penge
Arthur Hales 34
Ada Hales 36
Thomas Hales 14
Cissy Hales 12
Winnie Hales 11
Alfred Hales 8
Arthur Hales 5
William Hales 2
Rose Hales 1
Ada Hales 0

Ada married 6y, 4 b. and 4 living.

Geoff
I was excited to find your post as this is part of my family tree and a puzzle I have been trying to solve for months. Thomas and Winne were both born Fox (father unknown) but grew up thinking their name was originally Terry and that James Alfred Terry was their father. The whole family started using the name Hales when Ada married Arthur Hales in 1906. I have been unable to find Ada, Thomas or Winnie on the 1901 census. I have been trying to work out who James Alfred Terry was without much success. There is a record of banns for marriage for an Ada Fox and James Alfred Terry for 5 Dec 1877 at St Mary, Newington, Southwark but I haven't found a record of the actual marriage. If this is the right Ada and James Alfred I can't think why they would be married in Southwark as they spent their whole lives in Penge/Anerley/Croydon. Thomas was born in Jan 1897 but Winnifred in 1900 and her father is stated as unknown, so either this is another Ada and James Alfred Terry, or the marriage didn't take place. This probably doesn't help you but if you can shed any light on James Alfred Terry I'd be grateful.