• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Could Anyone Help Me Please

Hi to all,

Firstly I would like to say that that my name is Mark and I am a "NEWBIE" to the forum.

I am currently trying to research a relative of the family who saw service during the first world war. I have posted a message on the WW1 part of this forum but as yet no one has come up with any more information at the moment.

The name of the relative I am trying to research is George Hale. I have very little information on him but I would like to know when he was born and when he got married. If this information could be found it might throw more light onto his military history.The family has searched high and low for the birth and marriage certificates,but to no avail.

After talking with other family members we think that he was born in Hertfordshire and later moved to London where he married. We think that the area of London was in the Middlesex area.

Sometime before WW1 broke out he got a job in Wiltshire at a large Country House called Shockerwick in a place called Bathford/Box close to the city of Bath.His job was head coachman. When WW1 broke out he was one of Kitcheners Volunteers and enlisted with the A.S.C. According to my family he was fairly old when he enlisted. He also survived the war.

Sorry that there isn't a lot of info. They tell me that's part of the fun that comes with research. To be honest I find it a bit frustrating!!!! LOL!!

Thankyou in advance for any help or advice that you could give me.

Mark.