• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

COVID-19 check up

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Too little too late.

But(there's always a 'but'), this virus wasn't that much on anyones radar until it was too late to do what needed to be done, as it started well before Christmas 2019. Hence 'Covid 19'.

I am still not sure if this virus is worse than any other, as most others were always affected those with underlying health issues, especialy those with breathing ailments, or anything connected to the lungs.

//

thecelticbard

Valued Member
Too little too late.

But(there's always a 'but'), this virus wasn't that much on anyones radar until it was too late to do what needed to be done, as it started well before Christmas 2019. Hence 'Covid 19'.

I am still not sure if this virus is worse than any other, as most others were always affected those with underlying health issues, especialy those with breathing ailments, or anything connected to the lungs.

//
Sadly, across the world, this event has become a 'political' minefield. Me, I support one and all that is putting positive actions in to find the way out. As this year is the 80th Anniversary of the Dunkirk Evacuation, I do not see much "Dunkirk Spirit" being mentioned, how times have changed.

gibbo

Loyal Member
//
I think with it been a "new" virus even the experts are a bit unsure about it. We are all walking in unknown territory with it at the moment. Just for interest sake im curious as to how many other virus have decreased since lock down, such as the flu. Maybe hand washing more etc is a good thing if people keep them up, not just for covid 19 but might see a decrease in other illnesses as well. We all know to wash our hands after been to the loo but how many of us normally wash our hands after going shopping.

thecelticbard

Valued Member
Yesterday I received the news that my Club in London will be re-opening for members next month. Attached to that news was the list of precautions the management are putting in place to protect members, their guests and ALL of the staff, listing each department so that there is no doubt as to what I can expect when I go. Repeated throughout:- sanitisers; hand-washing; PPE; Health screening of staff by use of digital thermometers so that they know it is safe to turn up for work, and a system of that will be in operation as we enter and the level of cleaning throughout the building is endless. The 9 page document leaves no stone un-turned. When I finished it, my thought was "Typical Military", but at least I can go with confidence knowing that I'm going to be looked after. Do wonder if the hotels are doing the same BEFORE their guests arrive!