• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Customer Support Robots

Does anybody else share my annoyance at the robots that seem to man the customer support teams in large organisations?

On 12th February I emailed Ancestry.Co.uk complaining at the price of £22 for tickets to the London exhibition. I said that as I was an oap, going on my own, I thought £22 was an outrageous price.

Today, 13 days later, I received a reply. This is what they said -

"So that we can provide the best assistance possible please provide as much information as you can about what you are experiencing. Information about what you are doing when the issue occurs, where the issue is occurring, and any unexpected results will help us provide the best and most accurate response possible.

If you are receiving an error message, please supply the complete error message"

It makes you wonder doesn't it. This came from somebody at 'Customer Help'

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

It is beyond belief. To take 13 days to reply is outrageous and to ask for yet more info is ridiculous. I wonder if a lot of these are just yet another annoying automated email reply.

Ben

Gee I dunno, I found their service super quick - they were VERY quick replying to me when my credit card was hacked and I sent an email telling them I had to cancel my direct debit!!!
Couldn't have been more helpful - I even got a name on the bottom of the email from a "Phil"
I suppose it depends on what you comlain about and how much they want to reply then ! :eek:
Karen