• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

"D" Bty. 48th Bde., Royal Field Artillery.D (Howitzer) Bty.

OK so....i have a question for u all,
i have come accross some information that alex was serving with the 14th heavy batt but.....the only 14th heavy batt i can find is the 14th heavy royal garrison artillery.Is it possible that alex was swapped and changed between reg's?.Or is it possible that the 14th heavy referres to another batt in the field artillery? :confused:
WHY CANT THEY KEEP THINGS SIMPLE LOL.

i have found alex's medal card and next to the top where it lists the medals he was awarded it gived 2 numbers,1 is his army number beginning with 2 but what would the number above it be? :confused: or are they the dates they were issued?

Attachments

• alex medal card.jpg
    alex medal card.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1
I have recieved alex's death cert and it says on it that he was with B BTY 48 BGDE at the time of his death :confused: is it a mistake or i'm guessing he must have been moved(everything else says D bty).

i have found alex's medal card and next to the top where it lists the medals he was awarded it gived 2 numbers,1 is his army number beginning with 2 but what would the number above it be? :confused: or are they the dates they were issued?

I have always hated the phrase theatre of war,like it was some sort of play being watched with morbid curiosity.
When will the masses of ordinary,nice hard working people **** a snoop at the few with power who stand back with splendid isolation and safety while young and old pay the ultimate price.

ur right lee,they make it sound like a game almost the ultimate in russian rullette :( i'm sure if they thought about it they could think of better things to put like place of battle or somethin to that effect.

Back