• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Dann

From
South Africa
Hello Julie, thanks for that information on Dorothy Dann nee Roper. I bumped into a couple at a market and her mum was a Dorothy May Dann!! here in the Cape! (it would seem) that she is related/cousin to my husband. I will also try on Facebook, although mostly youngsters are on face book and many of them are not interested in their ancestors. so far I have on Dann:
Rose Dann b. 1886 married Harry Carver in1910
Ernest Dann b.1892 married Dorothy May Pretorius 1943 in south africa (monty's dad)
Ethel Dann b. ?? married a Fields ?? Brixton, London
Amelia Dann b. 21 July 1895 married William Job Dilkes (they moved to Newport, Gwent, Wales where she died in 1985 ?) ** i think this is verified, I have been trying to locate a relative "David Hewitt" last address: 7 Fairfield Road, Caerleon, Newport, Gwent. to no avail.
Annie Dann b. 27.01.1897 married Hubert Shaw 21.12.1921 died 1990 sutton- on- sea.
Leonard Dann b.1901 married Maude Johnson (thank you Julie!) 11.1921 had children namely: Leonard E (probably ERNEST!!!) Dann b 1930
Alfred Dann b.1903 married Dorothy Roper 09.1921 had child: Dorothy May dann.
This is so good, that lives are pieced together, I'm hooked and could become addicted to this stuff! Julie you are great, award needed here!
Martine PS I haven't finished yet.......!

Back