• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Deridisi family from Naples

From
England
Camernia Deridisi born about 1871I
I am looking to trace his family who came from Naples Italy, initially based in the "little Italy" area of Clerkenwell London and had moved to Leyton East London in time for the 1911 census Ther is no mention in 1901 but he married in Uk in 1899 at Holborn area, first child Mabel born 1899 and 8 children in all

Can anyone point me to an arrival date in the UK, and perhaps more importantly does any one know an online source of italian records which might include the family in Naples

Looking at this name in the BMD records for the Uk I suspect all are related and descended from the one immigrant and I have nearly plotted the tree

All help and advice greatfully received

dochines

1901 England Census

Civil Parish: Clerkenwell
Ecclesiastical parish: St James
County/Island: London
Registration District: Holborn

Piece: 250 Folio: 141 Page Number: 1

Camania Derittie 30 Italy - Ice cream hawker
Mary Derittie 22 Islington
Mable Derittie 2 Hoxton
Rufel Derittie 7 Months Islington

Last edited:
I think you will have these

Marriages Dec 1899

Bright Grace Holborn 1b 1410
Christy Mary Holborn 1b 1410
Diridisi Carmine Holborn 1b 1410
Ferguson Grace Holborn 1b 1410
Kilby Charles Benjamin Holborn 1b 1410

-------------------------

Births Jun 1917
DERIDISI Kathleen R G - Christy W. Ham 4a 613

Births Sep 1919
Deridisi Albert C - Christy W. Ham 4a 562

hi Dave,

thanks for finding the 1901 census, with the name variation, I had not spotted it. Seems to settle as Deridisi after that. I had got the other references but thanks again for taking time to search; Much appreciated

dochines

Hi Dochines...as you probably know they were in the ice cream trade....if you are desperate for info then i would suggest Facebook...few Deredisi on there.

Just a suggestion..good luck with your research.

Hi,

I am looking for information on Mabel Deridisi (born 1899) that a post previously mentioned as I believe she married my great great uncle in leyton

Any info would be much appreciated

Mabel Deridisi married Charles H White - would this be your gg uncle?

Name: Mabel DERIDISI

Registration district: West Ham

County: Essex

Year of registration:1923

Quarter of registration: Oct-Nov-Dec

Spouse: Charles H White

Volume no: 4A

Page no: 199

Thanks for the feedback!

I am also looking into her possible prison record for procuring, she apparently spent time in Holloway prison but I am unable to find anything concrete.

Looking for her being charged from 1925 to 1960

Mabel white (deridisi)

hi Charlotte 13

If you would like to contact me privately I may be able to help more as I am in touch with other members of this family and all searching for the same information about Mabel Deridisi or mrs White

This looks like Sidney's birth, and marriage to Florence:

Births Q2 1911
Deridisi Sidney V
W.Ham
4a 369

Marriages Q3 1938
Deridisi Sidney V
Wilkes Florence M
Essex S.W.
4a 923

Geoff

This looks like James Henry, he is with an Ethel V Deridisi, same address as in the London Gazette..

London, England, Electoral Registers, 1832-1965
James H-J Deridisi
Year: 1963
County or Borough: Leyton
Ward or Division/Constituency: Leyton
Street Address: 74 U0
Reference Number: LCC/PER/B/2943
[Address on the image: 74 Adelaide Road]

Geoff

Camernia Deridisi born about 1871I
I am looking to trace his family who came from Naples Italy, initially based in the "little Italy" area of Clerkenwell London and had moved to Leyton East London in time for the 1911 census Ther is no mention in 1901 but he married in Uk in 1899 at Holborn area, first child Mabel born 1899 and 8 children in all

Can anyone point me to an arrival date in the UK, and perhaps more importantly does any one know an online source of italian records which might include the family in Naples

Looking at this name in the BMD records for the Uk I suspect all are related and descended from the one immigrant and I have nearly plotted the tree

All help and advice greatfully received

dochines

Hey,

I know this post is from 2013, however Camerina Deridis is my great great grandad, my nan (Helen Deridisi) is his grandaughter. Albert Charles Deridisi is her dad. My nan is desperate to find out information on her family, as Camerina came over on ship from Naples to the UK she is finding it hard to find any information on them. It would be good to know if you found anything out?

I know this thread is from 2013, however Camerina Deridis is my great great grandad, my nan (Helen Deridisi) is his grandaughter. Albert Charles Deridisi is her dad. My nan is desperate to find out information on her family, as Camerina came over on ship from Naples to the UK she is finding it hard to find any information on them. It would be good to know if anyone has found any information out on the deridisi family. Pictures/ birth/death certificates etc...
hi Charlotte 13

If you would like to contact me privately I may be able to help more as I am in touch with other members of this family and all searching for the same information about Mabel Deridisi or mrs White

Back