• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Details William Mortimer marrying Emily Anderson 1852

Ruby

I am after any details at all pertaining to the above marriage of William Mortimer (birth Kent UK) to Emily Anderson (of County Norwich) at St Saviours in Chelsea England in 1852.

I have no details of where either of them came from, who their parents were etc, if anyone can help that would be great.

Hi Steve
anc# have a marriage for a William Mortimer in Chelsea 1st qtr 1852
1a 198 also in Free BMD.
No Emily perhaps transcription error?
ozn
hi
The two females are Ann Liddington and Jenette/Jennette Martin, the other male Philip Howells.
There is a Philip Howells with Wife Jenette in 1861 in Wales, but they are in their 50's. It may mean that this Wm's wife was Ann Liddington, BUT this does not answer the question where is Emily Anderson.

RUBY - you must have some other info which may help. Did they emigrate and if so when. Did they have children and if so who and when? If they can be found on a census, it may give us birth places to work on.

dave

Ruby

I am baffled that Emily Anderson is not listed in this marriage.

I have William Mortimer's death certificate, says he was born around 1823 Maidstone Kent England, married Chelsea (St Saviours) 1852. Their son's birth certificate cites Emily (nee Anderson) as mother. They left England after William's marriage for Sydney (australia). They had a number of children in Australia, son George William born 1858.