• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Difficult to read occupation

Lehane

Difficult to read occupation - No. 2

Hi, thought I might as well edit this post with a new occupation that I can't read! I've attached the image.

Someone else on the page seems to also be a farmer but underneath it says 'boy in door'. Mine says '?? door labourer'

Any ideas what it means?

Attachments

Last edited:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Re: Difficult to read occupation - No. 2

Hi, thought I might as well edit this post with a new occupation that I can't read! I've attached the image.

Someone else on the page seems to also be a farmer but underneath it says 'boy in door'. Mine says '?? door labourer'

Any ideas what it means?

Indoor Labourer, I think.;):)

How old is he/she in that record.?

Steve.:)

Re: Difficult to read occupation - No. 2

Any ideas what it means?
Freehold Farmer of 40 acres emplying 1 in door labourer - I understand that boys were usuallly employed indoors, they would do chores within the farm and its buildings. Outdoor labourers did the rest of the work on the farm

dave