• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource đź“š

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all đź”—

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Dissertation Help request

Hi all,

I am in my final year of a new media course in the UK and I am currently working on my final thesis / dissertation looking at online genealogy services and the potential impact that social networking might have.

I have produced a small survey which aims to explore peoples’ motivations towards genealogy and would really appreciate it if there is anyone who might spend 10-15 minutes sharing their thoughts and wisdom. The link is:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=wPQgR_2fV2eRb5lECr558zRg_3d_3d

I hope to take my research further once I graduate and I am currently developing a Facebook and Bebo application, which would look to connect families across social networks and hopefully help find long-lost relatives. I would be interested to know of any thoughts people may have around this idea.

Many thanks for your time

Jenny