• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

DNA query

gibbo

From
Australia
To have a DNA test done with ancestry or the likes of do i have to be a paid member?

The other query i have is if there is a particular person who i think is my grandfather [deceased], is his 7th cousin to far down the track for his and my DNA to be compared to tell me im one of theirs? The fella who i think is the grandfather had no other kids so there isn't anyone overly close besides nieces and nephews perhaps, tho i did manage to track his 7th cousin down who i have emailed to discuss DNA with but wasn't sure if we were close enough related for it to be of any benefit. Could always have it done i guess and see if anyone else is a closer match than a 7th cousin such as nephews etc?

Seems 7th cousin is to far down the track to be of any benefit for what i was looking for. Still if i do get it done maybe someone closer might pop up.

My DNA
I have loads from 1st -8th Cousins ,some with connected trees ,unlinked trees, no trees,private trees. .Really wanted Irish connections with trees, but not a lot showing. I don't bother with it now, too many to go through . Would like for one of my issue to have it none ,to bring in my Husbands side.

Predicted relationship: 1st–2nd Cousin
Shared DNA: 936 cM across 40 segments
And NO TREE

Last edited:
Back