• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

DNA tests

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hello,
Has anyone had any experience with DNA tests? The test would be done between people who suspect they are cousins. How reliable are they and are they expensive to have done?
gibbo

marie44

well my cousin had his done and we have never regretted it. it has found relatives that didnt think they were and found some who thought they were arent. they found me related to someone 2000 years ago. its not cheap. it starts from 80.00 and up. my cousins was done by familyhistorydna.com.

marie44:)

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

I have thought of doing a DNA test. I have heard many conflicting stories about DNA benefits though. Some people say that you can research for example, a mothers, fathers, fathers, mothers mother and see if you are related, whereas others say it only works for the paternal and maternal lines such as ytDNA and mtDNA.

Ben

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Steve
so your a monkey! i get called a lot of things and i bet not one of the names show up in a DNA:2fun:
gibbo