• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

E ROWLES Chimney Sweep

JennyC

Hi
I have an received old picture of E Rowles and son(s) Chimney Sweeps.
I am trying to identify him and his family with regard to my tree.
Maybe somebody recognises him?

BTW a friend has told me that the motorcycle most likely was registered in or around Guildford

Thanks, Jenny Photo 2 large.JPG .

Llewred

Cannot identify from Photograph, but, there is a Newspaper Article Thorpe | Surrey Advertiser | Saturday 13 March 1943 | British Newspaper Archive on an Edward Rowles

THORPE - The death occurred suddenly on Wednesday at his home at Thorpe of Mr. Edward Rowles. He was 86. For the past 70 years Mr. Rowles had carried on business as a chimney sweep, and several of his sons carried on the same trade.

I have tried various combinations of E Rowles +Sweep/Chimney etc, found this by putting names beginning with E before Rowles. It is all I could find.

Regards
Mark

Last edited:
Last edited:

ROLLO

I would like to hear from anyone with an interst in the ROWLES family of chimney sweeps.
I think I have information about the young Edward Rowles.

Last edited by a moderator: