• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Earth Googled

Edward

Valued Member
Hi,

I have a victorian map of london which is an overlay on Google earth it has been very useful when researching my Family History for the branch of he family that lived in London. Great for looking up streets in London's east end that no longer exist.

Ed

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

London has always been a city that is being knocked down and rebuilt. Plus the two world wars. I have London ancestors and have done extensive research on their addresses. One tenement block my ancestors lived at from 1882 to 1889 is still there today.

Ben

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I have just found a photo of the street, and a slim possibility, of the house my Gt.Grandfather and Gt.Grandmother lived at the time of my grandfathers birth, by searching 'google maps'.:)
More colour to a black and white 'picture'.:cool:

Steve.:)

marie44

:) it was google earth where i found Renshaw Manor, it turned out to be Central Library in Liverpool but they dont know that. how come google earth knows it but they dont?
marie44