• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Edmund James Page

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hello Gibbo thats a great picture , why don't you post this
picture on the Great War Forum they will tell which regiment he in

best reguards
Braveheart

Thank you i will try them as well. Going to follow up on the link Davelambert left also. I also sent a email to the Imperial War Museum today, figured it wouldnt hurt to see what they have to say. Thanks.

leefer

Loyal Member
Great picture that Gibbo....was he family?

Must say i agree with Oznannie about Crankypants......incredible how quick and easy she gets the info....brilliant.

That uniform looks horsey to me Gibbo.http://www.janetandrichardsgenealogy.co.uk/st_lawrence_marriages_1901.htm

Hi Gibbo(edit)..found this marriage link.

To me shows how looks are decieving,i would have said he came from...well higher stock is this him listed as a labourer at his sons marriage?

Last edited:

gibbo

Loyal Member
Great picture that Gibbo....was he family?

Must say i agree with Oznannie about Crankypants......incredible how quick and easy she gets the info....brilliant.

That uniform looks horsey to me Gibbo.http://www.janetandrichardsgenealogy.co.uk/st_lawrence_marriages_1901.htm

Hi Gibbo(edit)..found this marriage link.

To me shows how looks are decieving,i would have said he came from...well higher stock is this him listed as a labourer at his sons marriage?

Hi Lee,
CP is brilliant, she has been a big help for me on some of my stuff.
I already have the link you put on here, thank you tho. It is a good site and i have been working through it the last few days getting info. If you are referring to the marriage on that link dated 7 dec 1902 that is Edmunds marriage and not his son's. Edmund married a Edith Emma Spratt. Edmund's occupation so far has been usually noted as labourer, excepting for the 19.. when it says night watchman.
Edmund is sort of family in a round about way, through marriage. He is my brother in laws great grandfather. I usually wouldnt have gone down this line but ....:biggrin:

gibbo

Loyal Member
The Great War Forum wont let me attach the photo, tells me the file is to big:confused:
Have sent some emails away as well so see what comes back with them.
Will add any updates i get on here. Thanks everyone for the help and advice:)