• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Edwards Family

Kinshar

Hi
My Gt Grandparents were
Edward George Edwards B. Abt 1875 [where unknown] D. 5 May 1946 Auckland NZ.
Martha Jane Donald B. Abt 1877 [ Where unknown] D. 19 Feb 1950 Auckland NZ.

The only child I have for them is my Grandfather Leonard samuel Alexander Edwards B. Abt 1902 D. 1964 Green Lane Hospital Auckland NZ.

Looking for any info on
Birth Dates & Places for Edward George Edwards - Martha Jane Donald & son Leonard.
Also did they have any other children.

Marriage for Edward & Martha possibly in the Auckland Area.

any info would be much appreciated
Shar

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Shar,

This is all what came up on the partial bmd for England and Wales

Births:-

Martha Donald year 1879 district Tynemouth, county Northumerland

Could her surname have been Mcdonald as these 2 came up:-

Martha McDonald year 1874 district Chorlton county Lancashire
Martha Jane McDonald year 1877 district Manchester county Lancashire

Smee

Hi

I know it is nearly a year since your post and i hope you still check on this site. I have found the New Zealand Information that you wanted though by now you might already have it, anyhow here goes.

Edward George Edwards b. 1875 June Quarter in Auckland, Folio number 567

Martha Jane Donald b. 1876 December Quarter in Auckland, Folio number 2957

Their marriage, i would presume to be in Auckland was in 1897, Folio number 1260.

Their son:-

Leonard Samuel Alexander Edwards b. 1903 March Quarter in Auckland, Folio number 46

He married:-

Mavis Gertrude Hill in 1927, Folio number 06459

I know you can order any of the certificates for these through the NZ government, i think they cost about $26, i am not sure if they can be done online though you can print out the order form, if you need any further help, please ask. Here is hoping that you get this. Sorry i don;'t know the website address off hand.

I can't tell you about siblings unless you have any family names they might use as Edwards is a common surname and in NZ they don't quote the mothers maiden name until the 1960s.

Rotosis (Claire)