• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Eeeaaargh!!!!

Littlemo

Hi All,
I"ve just logged back in here for a little bit of sanity before I go completely cross eyed & bonkers.
I"ve read the Posts re. becoming Addicted to the reasearch & very Smugly thought ME! NEVER!
I switched on the Laptop (for an hour) at 12-30 pm. And I am still sat here! I hav"nt had anything to eat no houseworks been done,I hav"nt read the paper, the Ironing needs doing & I just need to tell someone:: MY NAME IS MO & I AM A FAMILY HISTORY ADDICT!!!!!!
There I"ve said it nowI"m off to get some tea because as we say in Lancashire "me belly thinks me throat"s bin cut"
Happy Hunting All
Luv Moxx

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Mo your not alone still sitting here looking at the ironing and housework.

Ironing is the biggest waste of time and energy ever. Iron the clothes, put them away. Get out the clothes and iron them again before you wear it. Same with bedding. Why iron it if it's all going to get creased again.

You need to know where your priorities lie.

I have better things to do. FHUK:biggrin:

Steve.:)

Lynne Ryan

Oh gosh,i am one too,i start one place click click away and so far from what i was originally doing ,,i have to go back over and over things,to try and make some sense again,and wow being deslaxic is no help either...my note books are starting to resemble ancients dribble ..
now i am finding with family with 10 or more kids is getting so frustrating,because they keep using same names generation after generation,without stopping my family seem to twist the same names around and around,like richard arthur,next arthur richard,john james james john,harry john ,john harry,and they are brothers ,same goes for the girls,i don;t know if i am coming or going..at times..
my head gets sore..and no housework done to boot..he he he..click click i'm off cheers mates..
Lynne

little mo you make me:biggrin: , I think everyone that starts this gets kinda the same reaction, but then after awhile we seem to all hit buick walls but that is what makes this site so great since we can't do anything at the time on our own we love getting involved with everyone elses. Me I think I seem to forget what house work is, I go to work (grant you I work alot of hours there) but then I come home and get on my computer to see if anyone has been able to find anything more on my family. Then come here to see if I can help anyone with their family. Then the one day I do have off Sundays I like looking thru graveyards to see if I can find the family members that are surposed to be buried there, right now that is very difficult:eek: because they do not plow them during the winter, sooo at times the snow is a little deep. Now winter to me is the best time when I am looking for stones that are old and difficult to read because I can pack them with snow and read them easier, and the pictures are also easier to see the writing. But we all seem to love the same thing, all the interesting things that we might find about your family history, and the great people we meet and talk to along the way:rolleyes: Joyce

JMR

Valued Member
Welcome to FHUK Anonymous littlemo! The addiction centre that never bothers to try and cure you! We all think you're normal!!! :D :D :D

We only seek to cure the housework addiction and we don't have to do much, because the family history addiction kinda cures the housework addiction if you get what I mean.

Cheers,
from one hopeless addict to another (few)! >:D

Littlemo

Hi Everyone,
I"m so Happy that I am not alone.
After reading what everyone else does I"m beginning to feel relatively normal. And Joyce, thanks os much for the Graveyard Confession ( I thought that was only me! I blame my Mum for that one though, when I was young & said I was Fed Up she would say " Come On Put your coat on & we""ll go visit some Folk who have every right to be Fed Up ) And off we would go for a look round the Cemetery.
And it is a Blessing to know that my Family History Addiction will cure my Housework Addiction. ( I never really cared much for it anyway)
My only real Gripe is that even though I"m skipping so many meals I"m still as Fat as ever. (Comes from sitting to long at the Computer I suppose.)
I read today thatUsing your Brain by working on a Computer staves off Dementia. So I must be the Brainiest Demented OAP in Lancashire
Well Happy Hunting Everyone
Luv Littlemoxx

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

I will never get over my addiction to genealogy. I even research the streets, houses and back yards of dwellings where my ancestors lived.

I am always interested in their snapshot of life ie what they were doing 20 years before or after a certain date, for example:-

My great great grandmother was aged 13 in September 1877 living with her parents at a shop in Steedman Street, Walworth, South London and 20 years later in September 1897 she was a 33 year old married woman living in Copenhagen Street, Islington, in North London.

Ben

pejay

Valued Member
yes I quite agree with you littlemo, ignore the ironing, like steve said just iron the basics, i have got much better at this! and meals are often late, it can be so exciting finding info - even if it is for someone else. Use recipes that only have 3 or 4 ingredients they don't usually take too long, and get evrything ready beforehand, and remember delegate ! so you can spend longer on the computer :)

Last edited:
It`s funny how us addicts like to make sure that we aren`t alone. I am waiting for birth certs to come from the UK and it`s driving me mad. Not only did I have to wait for the GRO to send out certs to my sister in law, then I had to wait for her to post them to me and then wait the 5 days for them to arrive in my mail box which is 40 mins drive from home. My hubby is going away for a Jolly Boys` Weekend away in Dusseldorf next weekend and I can`t wait to be able to spend all day at the computer with no distractions or guilt. He has bought me tins of soup and beans to feed myself while he is gone!!!!:rolleyes:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
It`s funny how us addicts like to make sure that we aren`t alone. I am waiting for birth certs to come from the UK and it`s driving me mad. Not only did I have to wait for the GRO to send out certs to my sister in law, then I had to wait for her to post them to me and then wait the 5 days for them to arrive in my mail box which is 40 mins drive from home. My hubby is going away for a Jolly Boys` Weekend away in Dusseldorf next weekend and I can`t wait to be able to spend all day at the computer with no distractions or guilt. He has bought me tins of soup and beans to feed myself while he is gone!!!!:rolleyes:

What, no caviar. All the money spent on the 'Jolly'. Next it will be stale bread and gruel, when he hops of to Hawai.
But the chance to indulge in the pc etc, I could live on dead flies. A fight with spiders will do me and my study good.
Must go, my wifes coming back from her walk.
Oh these stolen moments.

Steve.:biggrin:

Littlemo

Hi Everyone,
Got another Confession! Today, not only have I had nothing to eat etc. I am still sat sitting here at 1700hrs, & I AM STILL IN MY BL***Y PYJAMAS!
So anyway I"m off now to have a shower & put on a clean pair of PJ"s (Not much point getting dressed now is there?)
Happy Hunting All
Luv Moxx

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Everyone,
Got another Confession! Today, not only have I had nothing to eat etc. I am still sat sitting here at 1700hrs, & I AM STILL IN MY BL***Y PYJAMAS!
So anyway I"m off now to have a shower & put on a clean pair of PJ"s (Not much point getting dressed now is there?)
Happy Hunting All
Luv Moxx

Look at the positives Mo.
You've cut down on the washing and ironing by not changeing into 'day' clothes, saved on fuel bills by not cooking, saved water on washing dishes, and maybe lost 25grammes in weight by 'stressing out'. And the time that would be wasted doing all those things.

So don't beat yourself up.:)

Littlemo

yes I quite agree with you littlemo, ignore the ironing, like steve said just iron the basics, i have got much better at this! and meals are often late, it can be so exciting finding info - even if it is for someone else. Use recipes that only have 3 or 4 ingredients they don't usually take too long, and get evrything ready beforehand, and remember delegate ! so you can spend longer on the computer :)
Hi Pejay,
Just to let you Know I took your advice re> my menu
First I can"t delegate it"s just me 2nd Friday(Fish & Mash) 2 Ingreds, Saturday (Chop & Pasta) 2 again Sunday (Jacket Pot & Prawns) 2:Monday (Ready Cooked Chicken & Rice) 2: & today Ready meal.
Thanks for the Tip pejay
Luv Littlemoxx

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Pejay,
Just to let you Know I took your advice re> my menu
First I can"t delegate it"s just me 2nd Friday(Fish & Mash) 2 Ingreds, Saturday (Chop & Pasta) 2 again Sunday (Jacket Pot & Prawns) 2:Monday (Ready Cooked Chicken & Rice) 2: & today Ready meal.
Thanks for the Tip pejay
Luv Littlemoxx

No, no, no. On Sunday make a huge pot of stew using minced beef and loads of veggies. Whack it the oven for 5 hours. Take out and have a helping.
Freeze the rest in dinner size portions.

Monday - Add chilli powder and microwave. 1 portion.
Tuesday - Add curry powder and microwave. 1 portion.
Weds. - Add a glass of red wine and microwave. 1 portion.
Thurs. - Add pasta shells and microwave. 1 portion.
Friday. - Add pasta shells and cheese and bake for 20 minutes. 1 portion.
Saturday. - Quick shopping trip for pork, chicken, tuna and ingredients and repeat recipe. And grab a takeaway.

Don't forget rice, pasta, baguettes, bread, and anything else that you can add to your meal or dip in it.

Sunday. - Make a huge pot.............

It's just a question of time management.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Well, here I am. One day into my home alone long weekend. Things eaten so far-one cheese and tomato sandwich, four slices of toast (two with jam, raspberry, since you ask) one orange and two packets of crisps. Ironing done-nil. Washing up done-nil. Clothes worn-pajamas (apart from when I went round to the bin when I put a pair of jeans on) Cats fed-twice. Time spent speaking on phone to absent other half-4 minutes. Time spent on internet looking up Ralph Aspinall-8 hours,30 minutes. Time spent feeling guilty for sitting at the computer all day-0. Ain`t life grand?:biggrin: