• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

EHIC-European Health Insurance Card

thecelticbard

Valued Member
Three weeks ago I attended the Annual Meeting of all the Branch Secretaries of our Regimental Association (I was standing in for ours), and the above topic came up.
It seems that this card does not cover you for a lot in the event that you find yourself ill, have an accident or whatever if there is surgery involved. As the mass majority of those at the meeting, like me, are in advanced years, it was stressed that those that had booked to go one one of the trips being organised as part of WWI Commemorations should ensure they have adequate insurance before leaving the UK.
I just thought that this titbit of information may be of use, although most globe-trotters are well versed in this subject, so apologies if this is nothing new.

Brian

ps - part of my stock of 'useless information'!

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
No such thing as useless information Brian, it's always useful to those that need it.;):biggrin:

I am rather a reckless person, I have never bothered with travel insurance. Life on the edge is rather exciting.:2fun::2fun:

Steve.:)

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
I think it is only for use in medical emergencies, to show you are a member of the EU and they can recover their money :eek:

Amanda

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
duckweed FHUK General Chat Room 1
juliejtp FHUK General Chat Room 0