• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Eidman/Eidmann

Hello, I'm new to this site, but not new to family research! Have been researching my husband's family for some 10 years, and have got back to mid 18th century and possible connections in Germany. However, I'm stuck on a couple of relatives - they seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth in the early 20th century, and I cannot find them on BDA etc. Anyone help? Looking for Beatrice Eidmann (know as Kate) and her brother Algernon. Family stories put them in Weston Super Mare, where Kate possibly married later in life - but I'm not having any success finding them. Any suggestions where I go from here? :kissu:

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
This looks like them

1901 civil parish Penarth registration dist Cardiff, sub reg dist Penarth

6 Highfield

William Eidman head age 53 occ marine engineer born Middx/London
Isabella wife age 55 born Scotland
Kate dau age 26 born Middx/London
Algernon son age 23 invalid born Middx/London
Harold son age 19 occ marine engineer app born Middx/London

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Possible births for Algernon and Beatrice

Algernon Ernest Eidman 1875 Dec 1/4 district West Ham
Beatrice Mary K Eidman 1872 Dec 1/4 district Mile End Old Town

Couldnt see Harolds.

Thanks Julie - yes those are my Eidmans! That's the info I have - Beatrice and Algernon are the ones I'm trying to track down (Beatrice was known, apparently, as Kate) No family members left (other than my mother in law who is 91) who have any recollection of them. Mother in law seems to think she married late-ish in life and went to live in Weston Super Mare, and that she had a son who had learning difficulties. Other than that, nothing.

If you track anything else down about her would be interested to know! Always thought that as name was unusual it would be easy to find, could be misspellt in records is only other thing I can assume.

:)

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi,

Have got up to Dec 1915 for marriages still havnt come across Beatrice/Kate,
though some of Ancestrys indexes are missing:-

April 1/4 1904
Dec 1/4 1906
Dec 1/4 1908
Sept 1/4 1909
June 1/4 1912

She could be in one of those you can check these on findmypast, but it is pay per view. This looks like Harold marriage year 1906 Harold Adam Eidman district Cardiff.

Thank you again Julie. Suspect any marriage would be after 1906, when parents died and Harold married(he is our grandfather and I have his details) Harold moved house when he married and later moved again (around 1919) so don't know if that's a link? Will carry on looking!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Genealogy Beginners Help 0