• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Eileen HANNON

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
NSW Marriage 1973/1951 GRIBBLE VIVIAN - HANNON EILEEN - NORTH SYDNEY

Death
Surname: GRIBBLE
Given Names: Vivian Welesley Clement
Date: 1956-03-26
***: M
Relative:
Relative 2:
Residence: Glenelg
Death Place: Glenelg
District Code: Ade
Symbol:
Book: 841
Page: 2123
Cross Reference:

Looking for anything on Eileen - birth, death, other marriage ?, maiden name ? ...

Thanks,

Dave

Bootzy

Loyal Member
Hi Dave, the only thing I can find is
SMH Tues 12 Oct 1954
In the Supreme Court of NSW – In Divorce – to Vivian Wolseley Clement Gribble late of 58 Hector Road Willoughby – Take Notice that Eileen Hannan falsely called Eileen Gribble has files a petition for nullity of Marriage no 3060 of 1954 on the grounds that at the time of the ceremony of her marriage to yourself, you were then still the husband of Loris Graham. If you wish to defend you may enter on appearance in the Divorce Registry Supreme Court King Street Sydney on or before the 16th of November 1954 and obtain a copy of the Petition without charge from Messrs John H Yeldham & Spain Solicitors.

Vivian married Loris Graham 1947 at Rockdale,
1954 ER for Lane Cove Bennelong NSW shows a Eileen Gribble at 23 Kingslangley Road Greenwich NSW

And Loris Gribble is at 2 Aspley Street Penshurst a stenographer. Hurstville NSW

Was this Vivian the son of Rev Arthur Hazelhurst Gribble?

1949 Clement (as he was going by) a electrician, Loris h/d and a Selina Alice Gribble are at 58 Hector Rd, Willoughby NSW

SMH Friday 26 Oct 1951
GRIBBLE – Selina Alice – October 25 1951 at her residence Hector Road Willoughby, wife of the Reverend Arthur Hazelhurst, loving Mother of Norman (1st AIF deceased), Clement (1st AIF deceased), Hazel, Dorothy, Gwendoline, Roy, Aubrey, Lorna and Vivien. Aged 79 years.

http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/143977/20131227-1538/ww1nsw.gravesecrets.net/g.html
scroll down to see Vivian’s father Rev Arthur Hazelhurst Gribble and himself and his brother Norman.

regards
Val

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Val,

Thank you very much.

That's interesting. That was the third marriage. I have no death for any of the three.

It's about 50/50 with Hazelhurst and Hazlehurst in the records.

Item number or control symbol: 3632/1945
Title: Divorce papers Vivian Wellelsly Gribble - Annie Lilian Gribble
Start date: 06 Sep 1945
End date: 08 Oct 1946

Something odd here too:

Birth Reg:
6259/1903 GRAHAM LORIS E - ERNEST F - ELLEN E - PETERSHAM
15588/1904 GRAHAM LORIS E - ERNEST F - ELLEN E - PETERSHAM

Regards,

Dave

Last edited:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Item number or control symbol: 1718/1953
Title: Divorce papers Loris Gribble - Vivian Wellelsley Clement Gribble [Photo]
Start date: 04 May 1953
End date: 16 Jun 1954

Item number or control symbol: 877/1954
Title: Divorce papers Eileen Gribble - Vivian Wolseley Clement Gribble
Start date: 09 Mar 1954
End date: 25 May 1954

That's curious. End date 25 May and notice in SMH for 12 Oct the same year.

Start date for Eileen before the end date for Loris which fits the SMH notice.

Last edited:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
NSW Marriages

22367/1954 DUTFIELD FRANCIS WILLIAM - HANNON EILEEN - CHATSWOOD
15057/1963 BELLETTE BRUCE HERBERT - HANNON EILEEN - GOSFORD

DUTFIELD Francis William Probate notice 24MAY2013 Publication late of Labrador, Queensland Gold Coast Bulletin 24MAY2013

----

NSW Marriage 15728/1954 BARTLETT JACK LAWTON - GRIBBLE LORIS - CAMPSIE

Last edited:

gibbo

Loyal Member
NSW Marriage 15728/1954 BARTLETT JACK LAWTON - GRIBBLE LORIS - CAMPSIE

BARTLETT Jack Lawton Death notice 11APR1989 Death late of Oyster Bay Sydney Morning Herald 12APR1989

Woronora Cemetery
Surname BARTLETT Type Ashes
First Name JACK Other Names LAWTON
Date of Death 11/04/1989 INTERRED ?
Location Section Position
KK ROSE GARDEN 21 0067

Loris doesnt appear to be there.
http://www.woronoracemetery.org.au/home

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Thanks gibbo. :)

Loris is not in Ryerson either.

Marriage 6970/1933 GRIBBLE VIVIAN W - HARON ANNIE L - NORTH SYDNEY

Divorce papers have her name as Annie Lilian.

This may or may not be the first one:

1980 NSW Electoral Roll - North Sydney - Cammeray
MORTON Anne Lillian, 3 Colin street, Camray, hd

Can't find her in Ryerson either.

Vivian Was the youngest son of Rev Arthur Gribble. As far as I know he and Lillian had one child still born. To confuse matters there was another marriage to Ruby Elizabeth ? and they had one child born in Sept 1954. Vivian died by suicide not long after. The daughter was adopted by Aurbrey and Linda Gribble ( vivs brother Albury). All Arthur and Selinas children are deceased though have many descendants. Ruby who preferred elizabeth or Liz is also deceased. Vivian and ruby were my birth parents.

Forgot to add Vivian often used Clement, his deceased brothers name including when he enlisted in ww2 as his first name and mixtures of all his names and Clements with different spelling in some cases. He was often called Bob too. Though I've not determined if that appears on documents. He was medically determined unfit for service and returned to Australia but attempted to return o/s under another name very determined as his mate Bluey was KIA.Not sure if he was ever successful in that attempt but yes definitely made it back here as you have seen.

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Thanks. I didn't realise he used Clement. I should have searched a bit more.

Service Record
Name GRIBBLE, CLEMENT
Service Australian Army
Service Number NX11566
Date of Birth 27 Mar 1914
Place of Birth GULGONG, NSW
Date of Enlistment 28 Mar 1940
Locality on Enlistment KENSINGTON, NSW
Place of Enlistment PADDINGTON, NSW
Next of Kin GRIBBLE, SELINA
Date of Discharge 10 Jun 1943
Rank Private
Posting at Discharge 2/28 Battalion
WW2 Honours and Gallantry None for display
Prisoner of War Yes
Copyright Commonwealth of Australia 2002.

Perhaps the marriage to Ruby Elizabeth ? was in SA. I can't see it in NSW index.

This is my remote connection to the Gribble family:

Qld. marriage 18 Apr 1895/C00316 Gribble Ernest Richard Bulmer - Wriede Emilie Julie

Dave

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome Eileen and Dave:)
There are problems re finding documents re Ruby and Vivian. I did have my birth certificate listing my birth parents but it has been lost. From memory Ruby's name was Walcott or similar. Her mother immigrated from England but was unwed and I think ruby was an infant. Her father was Indian and that's all we know of him. She had married to Frank Foster Brown and later to jack Enright both now deceased. I'm not certain that vic and Ruby married... He was being divorced by two other women at the time! As to the pow yes he was in Turkey but crossed it seems without permission then captured.
I will contact half siblings re mums née name. Gribble info from John brown down is extensive. Can help there if needed. I'm new to this:) but Lorna and her daughter amassed volumes of info that I can access.

Newbie sorry! I was born in Victoria so think that's where they were for a time. Because of adoption I have to chase records of birth etc. I was also in care for a time prior to adoption but not sure where. Either SA or NSW. I was born in Melbourne 22.09.54. Susan elizabeth gribble. I joined because I found this thread Eileen re my father searching in general re Anzac records and info on relatives. Vivian is the tricky one but can help with all the other Gribbles from John brown down esp:):)

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
I'll check my tree but I think I'm right with all the other Gribbles.

Family Name: GRIBBLE
Given Name: Arth Norman
Spouse Family Name: WARD
Spouse Given Name: Mary Mona
Registration Year: 1932
Registration Number: 3003
Event: M

Looking for birth and/or parents of Mary Mona.

====

Marriage 364/1927 GRIBBLE AUBREY R - SHAW LINDA G - SYDNEY ** 5 Feb

Looking for birth and/or parents of Linda Gladys.

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Surname: GRIBBLE
Given Names: Cecil Frank
Event: B
Father: Wm Jas [b. Ballarat, m. 1891, d. 1922 Ballarat aged 57]
Mother: Alice Eliza STONEY [b. Ballarat, d. 1923 Ballarat aged 55]
Birth Place: BALLARAT
Year: 1903
Reg. Number: 15170

Cecil was 6th of 7 chn 1892-1908 (including twins); all boys

1931 VIC Electoral Roll - Echuca - Shepparton
GRIBBLE Cecil Frank, 206 Knight st, Shep., minister of religion

1936 TAS Electoral Roll - Bass - Launceston Central
GRIBBLE Cecil Frank, 266 Charles, st, clergyman
GRIBBLE Isabel, 266 Charles st, home duties

Does Cecil fit in to the family descending from Benjamin & Mary?

Page 324
MARRIAGES solemnized in the Parish of Redruth in the County of Cornwall in the Year 1830
Benjamin Gribble of this Parish
Mary Brown of this Parish
were married in this Church by banns with Consent of -
this Thirty first day of January 1830
By me John Webstor ? Hawksly ? Offg. Minister
This Marriage was solemnized between us: Benjamin signed, Mary Brown x her mark
In the Presence of: Thomas Broad, John Gribbel
No. 971

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
The Sydney Morning Herald - Tuesday 12 October 1954 p.16
LEGAL NOTICES
In the Supreme Court of NSW - In Divorce - to Vivian Wolseley Clement Gribble late of 58 Hector Road, Willoughby – Take Notice that Eileen Hannan, falsely called Eileen Gribble, has filed a petition for nullity of Marriage No. 3060 of 1954 on the grounds that at the time of the ceremony of her marriage to yourself, you were then still the husband of Loris Graham. If you wish to defend you may enter an appearance in the Divorce Registry, Supreme Court, King Street, Sydney, on or before the 16th of November 1954 and obtain a copy of the Petition without charge from Messrs John H. Yeldham & Spain, Solicitors for the Petitioner, 137 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, or from their Sydney Agents, Messrs ALLAN UTHER & COMPANY, Solicitors, 33 Macquarie Place, Sydne. C. A. H. HARMS, Acting Registrar.

NSW Marriage 3060/1954 PAWLAK JERZY - WALKER FRANCES MARY - NEWTOWN

???

NSW Marriage 1973/1951 GRIBBLE VIVIAN - HANNON EILEEN - NORTH SYDNEY ** 6 Jan 1951

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
No end to the curious events here:

Birth
6259/1903 GRAHAM LORIS E - ERNEST F - ELLEN E - PETERSHAM ** 9 Feb 1903
15588/1904 GRAHAM LORIS E - ERNEST F - ELLEN E - PETERSHAM

Last edited:
Re Linda Shaw Dave. Another tricky one. Linda Gladys Shaw and her brother Tom Shaw were born Riccardi and took stepfathers name. No birth certificate has ever been located for Linda. She searched long and hard too. I'm waiting for her mothers I and stepfathers nfo to come through. I know the mothers name was Florence but she was known as Mimi. Hope to get info re Mimi and Linda soon.

Bootzy

Loyal Member
Hi All,
On Jack and Loris Bartlett nee Gribble..

1949 ER Naremburn – North Sydney has Jack Lawton Bartlett a plumber at 8 Rohan Street with a Eunice Edith Bartlett.

Jack Lawton Bartlett married Eunice Edith Davis 1948 Sydney NSW - Jack & Eunice must have divorced as she is at 345 Polding st Fairfiled West on her own a typist in 1954
1963 to 1980 Eunice is still on her own. Trees have her death 8 Aug 2002 Hervey Bay, Ryerson has age 78 formerly of Sydney NSW & Torquay in Hervey Bay Observer 14 Aug 2002.

Going back to Jack..
1954 – Deewhy – Mackellar has Jack at Roseville rd & Bantry Bay rd F.For, a tretr opr with a Ada Pearl Bartlett h/d.

Info for Ada Pearl Bartlett on Trove

1958/1963/1968/1972/1977*/1980 – Como – Hughes has Jack at 35 Juvenis ave. Oyster Bay now a lineman with a Loris Bartlett – a stenographer.

Jack Lawton Bartlett died 11 April 1989 Oyster Bay. On Ryerson – SMH 12 April 1989, nothing on Ryerson for Loris nee Gribble.

NAA has: BARTLETT JACK LAWTON : Service Number - NX21900 : Date of birth - 23 Aug 1919 : Place of birth - CHATSWOOD NSW : Place of enlistment - PADDINGTON NSW : Next of Kin - BARTLETT ADA

(*1977 both still at same address and a daughter - a student is with them)

sent you a pm Dave.
regards Val

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 Irish Genealogy Roots 35
DaveHam9 Australia & New Zealand Genealogy Roots 24
DaveHam9 Deaths 7
juliejtp 1911 Census Request 5
DaveHam9 Marriages 36
juliejtp Births 4