• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

eleanor williams

nicola08

i'm looking for some information on eleanor williams. eleanor william born 1824 ringmer. she died 1884. her parents are samuel william born 1801 ringmer and mary (last name unknown) born 1801. eleanor williams married william trigwell.

please help
thanks
nicola

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Hi Nicola

Again please go to www.familysearch .org enter her name and details, and then when it comes up with the list of Eleanor's go right down to Pedigree Resource file and you will see the submitted entries. The only place for you to see these in detail will be the W. Sussex RO.

Maddie

Hi Nicola

You really do have Ringmer ancestry to die for.

We had a Ringmer History Study Group evening in Feb 2009 with the topic of "Ringmer from Samuel Williams' perspective". Not sure I can still lay my hands on the slides, though I have got the powerpoints of another evening on the TRIGWELLS.

Sam WILLIAMS (nickname Duke WILLIAMS) was probably of Gypsy origin, and his wife Mary YATES certainly was. He was always there or thereabouts when anything interesting happened in Ringmer, and was a close associate of John TRIGWELL, though Sam's convictions were for rebellion (or as you might put it today trade union activity) rather than dishonesty. The WILLIAMS and TRIGWELL families lived in the cottages along North Road & Bishops Lane, Ringmer Green, for much of the 19th century.

Again, much too much detail to post here, but please contact as in previous post.

Fairmeadow2