• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Elizabeth Cobley 1848

Hi all
Can someone see anything for this birth please?
Born Rugby Warwickshire 1848 - according to census - she married Charles Knights my GG grandad St Mary's 1869 Rotherhithe Surrey.
Marriage cert states her father is Thomas Cobley a bailiff(?)Searched for father but cannot find a Thomas Cobley bailiff anywhere.
Witnesses were a Thomas Chaplin and Anne Chaplin.Ages state they were "of full age"
I went to Warwickshire Family History site but am so confused.
On some census she says pob Rugby Leceistershire, others Rugby Warwickshire.
1851 found family of Thomas and Jane Cobley in St Andrew's Rugby and her pob is Rugby, aged 2. This Thomas is a joiner.
1861 I cannot find - only found Jane widowed and 1 x child Elizabeth dob 1851.
Elizabeth's marriage cert does not say father deceased?
1871 Elizabeth and Charles Knights living with Samuel Leist (Charles half brother)
1881 They are living in Salford
1911 She is living with my g grandparents - her daughter Agnes and son in law John Francis and has the name Elizabeth Ellen Duckworth (Charles died 1883) - widowed from Alfred Constantine Duckworth and states pob as Northamptonshire.
I found a baptism for Elizabeth Cobley (no Ellen) on the IGI with mother name as Jane and also found a Frederick Cobley b1850 with father Thomas and mother Jane.
the A****y site is down at present so I cannot access the saved census records to supply more info.
Cheers
Karen