• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Elizabeth Fletcher Leeds 1782

Hi All
I have found the name of my 5th Great grandmother and her date of birth on the 1851 cencus, her name is Elizabeth Fletcher born in leeds 1782 she is aged 69 and is living with her son Tobias Fletcher 1814 to 1877 in Barnsley,
Seeing as the cencus only starts proper from 1841 is this as far back that i can get or is there records held somewhere else that will help me fill in the blanks without having to visit her birth place

leefer

Loyal Member
http://www.barnsley-chronicle.co.uk/

Hi Richard....cannot help with dates etc but were you aware that Tobias was a renown watchmaker in Barnsley?....my advice is to contact the local paper(above) and tell them what you want to know...they are proud of the heritage in Barnsley.
I am sure it is your Tobias and a snippett in the paper could well help you...all you have to do is leave an email....someone in a Town that size will probably have plenty of info on your Fletchers.
Hopefully some of the other forum members can give you some leads.

Good luck and best wishes.. Lee

Hi
Sorry can't see anything more on the cert.

IGI - http://www.forum.familyhistory.uk.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=87021

children to Tobias and Elizabeth

1. TOBIAS FLETCHER - Gender: Male Christening: 28 AUG 1813 Saint Mary, Barnsley, Yorkshire, England

2. TOBIAS FLETCHER - Gender: Male Christening: 08 DEC 1814 Saint Mary, Barnsley, Yorkshire, England

3. THOMAS FLETCHER - Gender: Male Christening: 10 MAY 1826 Saint Mary, Barnsley, Yorkshire, England

4. ROBERT FLETCHER - Gender: Male Christening: 04 SEP 1816 Saint Mary, Barnsley, Yorkshire, England

5. SAMUEL FLETCHER - Gender: Male Christening: 31 DEC 1823 Saint Mary, Barnsley, Yorkshire, England

6. SAMUEL JOHN FLETCHER - Gender: Male Christening: 12 FEB 1828 Saint Mary, Barnsley, Yorkshire, England

marriage
ELIZABETH FLETCHER to TOBIAS FLETCHER Marriage: 25 FEB 1803 Silkstone, Yorkshire, England

dave

Hi Richard

IGI - http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true

children to Tobias and Eve

1. TOBIAS FLETCHER - Gender: Male Birth: 06 JUN 1777 Barnsley, Yorkshire, England

2. TOBIAS FLETCHER - Gender: Male Death: 02 AUG 1777

3. ROBERT FLETCHER - Gender: Male Birth: 20 JUL 1778 Barnsley, Yorkshire, England

4. ROBERT FLETCHER - Gender: Male Death: 25 FEB 1779

5. HANNAH FLETCHER - Gender: Female Death: 26 JUL 1777

6. HANNAH FLETCHER - Gender: Female Christening: 22 FEB 1774 Barnsley, Yorkshire, England

7. TOBIAS FLETCHER - Gender: Male Birth: 15 DEC 1782 Barnsley, Yorkshire, England

8. THOMAS FLETCHER - Gender: Male Birth: 12 FEB 1780 Barnsley, Yorkshire, England

9. JOHN FLETCHER - Gender: Male Christening: 13 JAN 1787 Barnsley, Yorkshire, England

marriage Tobias Fletcher to EVE FLETCHER Marriage: 15 JUL 1773 Barnsley, Yorkshire, England

birth - TOBIAS FLETCHER Male Christening: 06 SEP 1751 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England
Father: JOHN FLETCHER

dave