• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

elizabeth mills lookup

jack

Hi there,

Could sks please do a lookup in the 1901 census for ELIZABETH MILLS born 1873 in Greenwich, Kent. Her mother was Margaret Mills, and she had sister Eliza who was born in 1889.

Kind regards
Jackie

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Jackie,

She's not showing up under Mills, probaly married by then. Did look her up in 1881 and there is Walters Mills, is he the one you've been looking for? his pob is given as Deptford born abt 1879 and Elizabeths is also Deptford though the registration district would be Greenwich..

jack

Hi Julie,

Yes, i think this is the Walter i have been looking for. He was shown to be a purser on his marriage certificate in 1906, so perhaps in 1901 he was on board a ship and was not enumerated? What are your thoughts on that?
I will look for a marriage for Elizabeth.

Regards
Jackie

jack

Hi Julie,

Could you please look for Elizabeth under Chamberlain or Hughes as a surname in 1891 census?
Found marriage in Dec Qtr 1889 in Dartford for Isaac Chamberlain or Samuel Charles Hughes. In 1881 she was a photographer assistant, if that helps any.

Regards
Jackie

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Could possibly be, though Walter born Deptford RD Greenwich isnt showing up in 1901.

George Mills is head of household in 1881.

Margaret is a widow in 1891.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Jackie,

Will look at this one later on. It looks like Isaac married Charlotte, but am having trouble finding Samuel Hughes with a Elizabeth, will broaden the search.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
There is a Samuel Chas Hughes with wife Elizabeth born Welling Kent in 1901 living in Hampshire, so this could be the other couple. There are another 2 possabilties Isaac Sunderland and a Philip Anton Roos.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
More inclined to think that it was Isaac that Elizabeth married. There is Isaac Sunderland married to a Louisa in 1891 living in Peckham with children Thomas born 1880 Deptford and Henry born 1884 Forest Hill. There is a death for a Louisa Miriam Sunderland born abt 1848 Greenwich district year 1895.
There dosnt seem to be any sign of Isaac and the 2 boys in 1901 nor any sign of Elizabeth, perhaps they emirgrated. This is my assumption as not being able to find any of them.

Last edited: