• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Elizabeth MURTOUGH

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
I'm back from the library.

Clearly written as Freeney.

Marriage V1850649 96/1850 FREANEY MICHAEL - MURTOUGH MARY - LD

Marriages solemnized in the Parish of - in the County of - in the Year 18
No. 130
I, Michael Freeney do hereby declare that I am a Member of, or hold Communion with, the Roman Catholic Church [signed] Michael Freeney
I, Mary Murtough do hereby declare that I am a Member of, or hold Communion with, the Roman Catholic Church [signed] Mary her x mark Murtough
I, John Kananagh, of Sydney, Minister of St. Mary's Church, do hereby certify that Michael Freeney, of Sydney, and Mary Murtough, of Sydney, were joined together in Wedlock by me on the 17th day of September 1850, at St. Mary's Church, Sydney, in the presence of Margan O'Neill and Catharine Murtough, both of Sydney.
Witnesses signed. Witness to all marks FE Fitzpatrick [signed] John Kavanagh Minister

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Sloppy. Curen, Curran, Currin.

Marriage V1851110 97/1851 CUREN JOSEPH J - MURTOUGH CATHARINE - LD

No. 118
I, J. Joseph Curen do hereby declare that I am a Member of, or hold Communion with, the Roman Catholic Church [signed] J. Joseph Curran
I, Catharine Murtough do hereby declare that I am a Member of, or hold Communion with, the Roman Catholic Church [signed] Catharine Murtough
I, John Kavanagh, of Sydney, Minister of St. Mary's Cathedral, do hereby certify that J. Joseph Currin, of Sydney and Catharine Murtough, of Sydney, were joined together in Wedlock by me on the 4th day of June 1851, at St. Mary's Cathedral, in the presence of James Malooney and Margaret Murtough, both of Sydney.
Witnesses signed. [signed] John Kavanagh Minister

Murtough.JPG

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Marriage V1856368 101/1856 REAY MARTIN - MURTOUGH SUSAN - LD= RC St Mary's Sydney

No. 33
I, Martin Reay do hereby declare that I am a Member of, or hold Communion with, the Catholic Church [signed] Martin Reay
I, Susan Murtough do hereby declare that I am a Member of, or hold Communion with, the Catholic Church [signed] Susan Murtough
I, Austin John Forde, of Sydney, Minister of St. Mary's Cathedral, do hereby certify that Martin Reay, of Sydney, and Susan Murtough, of Sydney, were joined together in Wedlock by me on the fifth day of February 1856, at St. Mary's Cathedral, Sydney, in the presence of Patk. McLaughnan and Margt. Murtough both of Sydney.
Witnesses signed. Parties signed: [signed] A. J. Forde Minister

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Burial V1855219 120/1855 MURTOUGH JAMES AGE 60

Page -
Burials in the Parish of St. James in the County of Cumberland in the Year 1855
No. 19 Jas. Murtough Age: 60 yrs Abode: Kensington St When Died: - When Buried: 23rd October Ship's Name: - Quality or Profession: - By whom the Ceremony was performed: Th Baurand

First time I've come across that minister's name. I presume RC although not mentioned on the page. Can't tell by volume 120 as that is a mixed volume.

Minister.JPG