• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Elizabeth Raven - Maiden Name

horse

Loyal Member
Something not quite right.. That occ of William's in 1869?

This may be the 1861 with a different wife.

RD: Lewisham
Ref: Piece: 410; Folio: 127; Page: 46
William Raven 39 [b. Witham. Lab Royal Arsenal]
Maria Raven 37 [b. Faulkbourn, Essex]
Thomas F Raven 18 [b. Witham]
Walter Raven15 [do]
George J Raven 12 Peter J Raven 5 Martha A Raven 14 Emma S Raven 3 Henry Horsenell 22

Geoff

Don't think that the right marriage for the 1851 couple.

RAVEN, EMILY mmn ANSILL GRO Reference: 1850 D Quarter in WITHAM Volume 12 Page 329
RAVEN, WALTER mmn ANSILL GRO Reference 1845 D Quarter in WITHAM Volume 12 Page 289
RAVEN, THOMAS FREDERIC mmn HANSELL GRO Reference 1844 M Quarter in WITHAM Volume 12 Page 333

The only problem I see is Williams occupation but I myself would'nt worry to much about that he may of been an architect for a short time or just lied. Started as an agri. lab but I don't think that was his job at the arsenal, they made bombs.

horse

Loyal Member
The only problem I see is Williams occupation but I myself would'nt worry to much about that he may of been an architect for a short time or just lied. Started as an agri. lab but I don't think that was his job at the arsenal, they made bombs.
Thanks, Keith.. Dunno, still a niggle, be interesting to see what the original poster has to say.

Geoff

I need to read through these when I'm not quite so tired because there are a lot of Ravens flapping about! ;)

I was having trouble with the occupation, because William Raven seemed to flit from being a farm labourer, to an architect, to a gardener, to a baker!

I definitely had Walter down as a sibling, so we certainly agree there, and I had a feeling, from my own research, that Sarah may have died not long after Emily was born and that William remarried, which would allow Maria Raven into it, too. But I'd have to refer back to my notes for that.