• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Embarking on new adventure!

Greetings fellow genealogy buffs and possibly: "family"!
I was born in Canada at a very young age and got bitten by the genealogy bug over ten years ago. The only family names that I've discovered are Tyson and Sawrey. Rumor has it that my ggggrandfather, Myles Tyson and two of his mates were facing poaching charges on his Lordship's estates somewhere in the Lakes region of northern England (am I being redundant here?) and so they jumped ship to Canada and Myles settled in the area that I'm wondering reminded him so much of his native environment, right on the shores of the Great Lakes. I have no idea how to go about making searches in UK but am eager to learn. I am married to a good man for 35 yrs and have two grown daughters and all the extended family of two sons in law and five grandchildren. I had always wondered why the landscape of Britain attracted me and fascinated me so and then I discovered Myles Tyson was from there....so I suppose it just might be in the blood. I still work full time as a nurse and so my foray into research is somewhat staggered and all or nothing, so to speak. I someday hope to set my foot on the soils of places known as Westmoreland, Grasmere, Brimmerhead Farm, and Ambleside.
Be well.
anne