• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Emma Louise Dennison b1865

I'm trying to track the heritage of Emma Louise Dennison b1865 who later married Paul Francis St Julien in 1883 - her father appears to be Thomas Dennison - however - according to the family search record her mother is listed as "Anna Catherine Julia"....

Sadly I haven't been able to find a marriage for her to Thomas Dennison.

In the 1871 census in Tynemouth - I find Emma L Dennison though there seems to be no sign of Thomas and but there is a Julia Graham living with Charles W Dennison and John Dennison who are listed as her children - no idea where Thomas is - as she's listed as Married -not widowed - though having looked at their address - they're looking out to sea, so am guessing he could have been a sailor?! Julia's place of birth appears to be Germany....who knows how she ended up in Tynemouth - apart from the obvious - by boat.

I then looked up the 1861 census and found Charles W living with Julia Dennison who again is head of the household though again appears to have no occupation or husband....

In 1881 however in South Shields, Julia Graham (still no sign of a husband yet listed as married) is living with John Tom and Emma Dennison and is listed as step parent - but there are also younger children who must be from a second marriage including Juliana Graham (whose father is listed as William Graham) and her mother is listed again as Anna Catherine Julia....so who is this woman?! Is she the natural mother of Emma Louise - if so I don't seem to be able to find her maiden name?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 Deaths 11
DaveHam9 Deaths 29
DaveHam9 Marriages 65
DaveHam9 Births 26
DaveHam9 English Genealogy Roots 1
DaveHam9 1881 Census Request 14