• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Empty Nest Syndrome

gibbo

From
Australia
My youngest left home and town last week end so no kids left living at home now. No empty nest syndrome here. My computer is faster, less washing, power bill will drop and oh yeah the food bill will decrease big time:biggrin:
And i loved his footstool but he wasnt going to leave that behind:( Well he wasnt until i hid it and told him at the last minute and he couldnt fit it in the car:2fun::2fun: Whenever i email him i sign off as.... Love Mum PS love that footstool:rolleyes: Good thing he has a sense of humour:biggrin:
Will admit tho i do miss our morning chats we had before he went to work and again when he come in from work but thats ok ... a small price to pay to see him drive of happy and smiling.

You cant fool me Gibbo....typical Aussie brashness and bravado:)

I miss my three kids now they have left home but Donnami missed them more....it is really hard at first...........you tend to think of the darkest scenarios and worry about things.
In fact my youngest is moving to the Czech Republic in the next few years and i will miss her so much..........but i am so proud of them all.
Enjoy your freedom Gibbo..............youve done them proud

You cant fool me Gibbo....typical Aussie brashness and bravado:)

I miss my three kids now they have left home but Donnami missed them more....it is really hard at first...........you tend to think of the darkest scenarios and worry about things.
In fact my youngest is moving to the Czech Republic in the next few years and i will miss her so much..........but i am so proud of them all.
Enjoy your freedom Gibbo..............youve done them proud

Enjoy my freedom? The daughter has asked me to have the grandkids for 2 days:2fun::2fun: Their so much fun to have around tho and they like my cooking:2fun::2fun:

My youngest left home and town last week end so no kids left living at home now. No empty nest syndrome here. My computer is faster, less washing, power bill will drop and oh yeah the food bill will decrease big time:biggrin:
And i loved his footstool but he wasnt going to leave that behind:( Well he wasnt until i hid it and told him at the last minute and he couldnt fit it in the car:2fun::2fun: Whenever i email him i sign off as.... Love Mum PS love that footstool:rolleyes: Good thing he has a sense of humour:biggrin:
Will admit tho i do miss our morning chats we had before he went to work and again when he come in from work but thats ok ... a small price to pay to see him drive of happy and smiling.

Well If he's anything like my kids then they come home again, one stayed until he was 32 and getting married.

Oz

Hi Gibbo
I missed mine so much when they left then got used to it and now I have done full circle again - miss em so much. I love it when they come over to visit, grandkids are great fun, then I get sad when they leave again. They live an hour away from me and their Dad works FIFO on a minesite so I understand he needs to spend time with them when he's home.
I think I miss them all so much because I grew up here without grandparents, cousins etc, just the 5 of us and I really love family time together.
Enjoy your savings though - you are right, the bills do drop dramatically - next thing he will call and tell you just how expensive everything is when he realises!
Karen

Don't worry gibbo,:kissu: They know, you will always be there if they need you.
I was so sad when the eldest son left home at 19, the youngest one went at 18, and came back when he was 21, and went again when he was 23.
The middle one stayed at home until he was 35. Then straight away bought a home to live in by himself.They have all got spouses/partners now.
Yes! I miss them, but not when it's shopping, or washing day.
I love to see them all,and the grand kids love to come to our place after school or school holidays for a day out, bowling or ice skating etc. But even they are young teenagers now, and do their own thing.
I was so rapt to be able to move my genealogy stuff and computer out from behind the bedroom door and put it in "My very own computer room" after having a full house for so long.I've since filled both spare rooms.
I am so fortunate that they all chose to buy homes in our suburb.

Yeahhh!!!Eat when we like, sleep when we like, extra money in our pockets.:2fun:

Joan, how do i fill 4 bedrooms? :2fun::2fun: Ok will admit 3 have stuff in them but the 4th is totally empty, not a thing in it:rolleyes: Maybe use it for a naughty room for the grandkids, they have to have some where to send me:2fun::2fun:

What's your secret Gibbo? Can't get rid of one of mine. He left, came back for a month and still here 5yrs later! :mad: :2fun:

Dont know what i did:confused::2fun::2fun:

We live in a small town and the work just isnt here so he packed up and moved to a larger town where hopefully he can get something full time. He has something casual for now and but is hoping to get full time into something along the building line of things.
He is only just over a hours drive away so nothing to duck down on week ends for a visit occasionally.

Hi
Enjoy them while you can..
I feel sorry for my wife. Her daughter emigrated to Singapore just as she started a family. She missed out on all the things grandparents do, and didn't have the enjoyment of seeing them growing up.

dave

Joan, how do i fill 4 bedrooms? :2fun::2fun: Ok will admit 3 have stuff in them but the 4th is totally empty, not a thing in it:rolleyes: Maybe use it for a naughty room for the grandkids, they have to have some where to send me:2fun::2fun:

Looks like you'll be spending plenty of tme in that naughty room Gibbo.:2fun::2fun:

You could always do B&B with those spare rooms.:eek::2fun:

Steve.:)

Dont know what i did:confused::2fun::2fun:

We live in a small town and the work just isnt here so he packed up and moved to a larger town where hopefully he can get something full time. He has something casual for now and but is hoping to get full time into something along the building line of things.
He is only just over a hours drive away so nothing to duck down on week ends for a visit occasionally.

The answer seems to be live in the land of Oz! Do they still do those £10 trip deals? (And do they accept old codgers? :biggrin: )

Back