• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Emsley Brickwall

Hi its me again

i have another brick wall this time to do with my Emsley side of the family
I have a George Emsley b1748 in Thornton by Bradford
he had the following siblings

Martha 1747
William 1752
Mary 1750

Thier father was a George not sure where or when he was born but either Ilkley or Otley i think he married a Mara Smith in 1746 again no other info

There is a George b1716 with a wife listed as Mrs George Emsley b1720 who had a son Joseph b1748/50 from Ilkley

There is also a Goerge b1722 in Denton/Ot;ey but i think he married an Anne Moon, i do not want to go down the wrong road AGAIN!!

Can any one help me prgress with this??

Yes i did find that one and it is my relative but there are no birthdates or parents
Mara Smith doesn't come up either except for thier so i think her name was probably Mary, Needle in a haystack stuff though

I have set up a group on Facebook called Emsley Group and someone lse has set one up specifically for Yorkshire Emsleys, so then i did a search on all Emsley and there was 334 of them signed up so invited most to join my emsley group, might get lucky and find someone who is researching their family tree, maybe even the same line as me.