• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

English is so easy...isn't it?

ianto73

Valued Member
1. The Mayor was asked to present the winner of the competition with a present!
2. The council dump was so full they had to refuse any more refuse!
3. The man was too close to the door to close it!
4. The buck does very funny things when the does are present!

There is no egg in eggplant; no ham in hamburger; no pine nor apple in pineapple; sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads which are not sweet are meat; mincemeat is sweet and does not contain any meat; quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is not from guinea nor it is a pig.

How come a slim chance and a fat chance are the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites.

You can put a boot on your foot, but they are not beet that you put on your feet; the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth?

Great here isn't it!:2fun::2fun::biggrin::biggrin:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
And.....the coat of a sheep is a fleece, the coats of a herd of sheep are fleece.
I want fleecies, or at least a flose.:D:2fun:

Also......'The animal rights activist, pelts the the oppositon with missiles, for using pelts in their clothing.

Steve.:)

ianto73

Valued Member
Also:-
The bandage was wound around the wound; and after being shot at the dove dove into the bushes. The wind was too strong to wind the sail, and when I saw the tear in the painting I shed a tear.

If I drink and get drunk, can I think what I thunk. If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? People recite at a play, but play at a recital!!

One goose and two geese; one moose why not two meese;

When you have loads of odds and ends, and get rid of all them but one, what do you call it??

And there's more............................watch this space.:2fun::biggrin::2fun:

The Celt