• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

English & Scottish Parliments

Hi,
300 years ago today, the Parliments of England and Scotland joined together too form the United Kingdom.
Does the members of the forum believe that there is a future for the UK as one ,or will the 4 countries eventually go there own way.
I'm one of the many Scots that think we should stay as one.
Iain

admin

Loyal Member
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.familyhistory.uk.com
Good topical question iain!

I believe, like you we ought to stay together. Better together than divided. :)

Heres a quote "The United Kingdom has brought prosperity to the nations which formed it. Our nations have grown closer over the last 300 years with ties which are deepening still.
"Now half of Scots have family living south of the border and almost one in ten of the people living in Scotland were born in England."

Though with the Scottish government overspending by 400m and that North Sea oil has virtually run out - that may change! (only joking!)

I will be up in Edinburgh either next week or the week after, so I had better watch what I say!:)

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,
Just as you say, i've got a lot of family in England, my Dad was born in Willenhall. Got a few English friends and work mates so , you could say got a foot in both camps.
If your up in Edinburgh let me know, would be nice too have a beer (if i'm at home ), you could give me some tips on those bloody brick walls i keep meeting.

Cheers
Iain