• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Esther Bosley (Nee Ridgard) 1794

Nanaki

Hi!!!

I just doing some check on Bosley family and I came across this couple of censuses where I saw a child was her grandson but cant work out who was he belong to....

Okay - Esther Bosley, Hartington Derbyshire in census 1851 was with William Bosley and they had 8 grandchildren live with them at that time.... That has puzzled me! This family was strongly based in Hartington/Biggin but small villages I have been to! Also I saw a James Bosley.....

Edit: I forget to add - In Census 1871, James Bosley was with Sarah Bosley (Sarah was Esther's daughter)

Is there any possible to link them to who parents were?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi
I suspect the mother is Sarah particularly as she was still with her mother and
children inc Benjamin and Emily on 1861 census. Many of the childrens births are in Derbyshire parish regs, but only John gives his parents

First name John Wilton
Last name Bosley

Baptism year 1845
Baptism day 17
Baptism month Mar

Place Hartington St Giles

Parents Sarah

Residence Heathcote
County Derbyshire
Country England

Father John Wilton, Labourer Of Hartington

Record set Derbyshire Baptisms
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records

Collections from Great Britain

Hi!!!

I just doing some check on Bosley family and I came across this couple of censuses where I saw a child was her grandson but cant work out who was he belong to....

Okay - Esther Bosley, Hartington Derbyshire in census 1851 was with William Bosley and they had 8 grandchildren live with them at that time.... That has puzzled me! This family was strongly based in Hartington/Biggin but small villages I have been to! Also I saw a James Bosley.....

Edit: I forget to add - In Census 1871, James Bosley was with Sarah Bosley (Sarah was Esther's daughter)

Is there any possible to link them to who parents were?

Thanks

Hi I know this post is a few year old but I’ve just been researching this part of my family and I have spent all day trying to find the exact same thing out and came across this post when putting Sarah’s name in google.
Esther , Harriet , John And Joseph are all Sarah’s and also another grandchild on the 1861 cencus is Sarah’s too Emily ann
Emily Ann father is Gervais Brindley
Esther and Joseph father is Joseph Oliver
Harriet and johns father is John wilton
All seem to be neighbours

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 Australia & New Zealand Genealogy Roots 3
DaveHam9 1861 Census Request 7
DaveHam9 1841 Census Request 13
DaveHam9 Births 5
DaveHam9 Deaths 93
DaveHam9 Marriages 15