• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Evening All

From
England
Hi everyone,

Just a little introduction about me.

Im Katrina, also known as Kat. Im from north lincolnshire/East Yorkshire. Took a degree in archaeology, but ended up working in a supermarket! The majority of my ancestors are from Northampton and Northumberland.

Ive been researching my family tree with my dad for just over a year now on Ancestry.co.uk. Ive gone as far as i possibly can using the information online that i can find. Unfortunately I am getting into deep water with parish records.

Hope everyone is having as much fun as I am with your family tree!!!

Kat.

Hi Katrina

Welcome to the forum, I am in Lincolnshire also.

I have Mawbys in Northamptonshire. Nathan Mawby from Piddington, Northamptonshire. His daughter Mary born Hackleton 1834 is my great great grandmother.

Gedcom

Hi Katrina

Welcome to the forum, I am in Lincolnshire also.

I have Mawbys in Northamptonshire. Nathan Mawby from Piddington, Northamptonshire. His daughter Mary born Hackleton 1834 is my great great grandmother.

Gedcom

Thank you all for the welcomes!!

Hi Gedcom

My Mawbys start with William Mawby born abt.1777 He was married to Mary Hopkins in 1799. They had 6 children that i know of, Anne 1800, Elizabeth 1803, William 1805, Thomas 1808, Joseph 1813-1884, and George 1821.

Joseph is the direct ancestor, he married Elizabeth Crofts. Their son, Walter born 1867, was the last mawby in crick, as he moved away when he married an Elizabeth Smith.

Dont think i have any from Piddington though :(

Kat.

Hi Kat, and welcome to FHUK.

My wife is from West Haddon, about 3/4 miles from Crick. And she knows some living Mawbys in Long Buckby, which is also about 3 miles from Crick.

As an archaeologist, did you gig up any rellies.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Good luck with your research.

Thanks for the information on your Mawby's, I will keep a look out for any of my Mawby's connecting with yours,

Steve I am sure I have some born in Long Buckby but as a side branch.

Gedcom.

Last edited:
Hello, and a very warm welcome to the F.H.U.K forums.
We at the F.H.U.K wish you every success in your quest
To find your ancestoral past.
Should you require help in your research, please do not hesitate to ask via our forums .
All you need to do is post your questions on the appropriate forums, along with any relevant information
That you do have in your possession, and our friendly
And helpful members will try their utmost to help you find the answers you are searching for.
Again welcome, and enjoy your time on our forums .
Best regards Sterico

Hi Kat, and welcome to FHUK.

My wife is from West Haddon, about 3/4 miles from Crick. And she knows some living Mawbys in Long Buckby, which is also about 3 miles from Crick.

As an archaeologist, did you gig up any rellies.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Good luck with your research.

Lol Hi P.risboy!

Unfortunately, even though i have the degree... im not able to do anything with archaeology unless there are some really decently paid jobs around the s****horpe area! :(

I would however, love to go digging up some rellies! and see what skeletons there are in our closets!

Thanks everyone for the welcome!!!

Back