• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Exact relationship to Krays very much confirmed.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

Last year me and a man on another forum found a marriage of Mary Obey to John Diggens on 16 January 1804 in Bethnal Green, London and one of the witnesses was my 6xgreat grandfather Samuel Obey as he also witnessed 3 of his other childrens weddings in 1798, 1799 and 1806.

John Diggens and Mary are the 3xgreat grandparents of world famous East End gangsters Ronnie and Reggie Kray through their mothers side.

We have been unable to find a baptism for Mary. But she may have been baptised Ann. An Ann Obey was baptised on the 6th March 1785 at St Leonards, Shoreditch to Samuel and Elizabeth of Giants Yard. Born 10th January 1785. It was mistranscribed.

An Anna Diggens died in 1847 at Bethnal Green, London of Mount Street according to Anc London Burials born about 1788. The Diggens lived in that area of London.

I have sent off for her death cert to get more info. It is looking very likely the missing child of Samuel and Elizabeth confirmed.

Ben

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J FHUK Forum Website Help 5
P Deaths 10
p.risboy FHUK General Chat Room 20