• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Excuses for being late

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
A few old men regularly do some gardening at the local lawn bowls club. One day one of the regulars aged 93 was late and one of the others asked why. On offering no excuse he was then asked if he had brought a letter from his mother. :2fun:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I was late for work once, and I said.....'I'll go early and make up for it.'........the foreman said.....'OK'.....and walked away until he realised what I'd said, and laughed.:biggrin:

The reason I was late, was because of......'The wrong type of snow, was on the railway lines'. And that was British Rails excuse.:eek::2fun::2fun:

Last edited:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
I was too tired to come in on time, so I decided to sleep in and rest up to be more productive. :)

Last edited: