• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Family History in Manchester

kofeeboy

Hi Ben
which areas of Salford or Manchester do you have records for ?? as most of my ancestery are from there and i was Born in Ordsall them moved to Salford Langworhty rd/Liverpool st area
Dom

Ben

Hi, i have many records for both Manchester & Salford. I am always eiher buying new ones or transcribing them. If i can help i will but depends on what your looking for.

davelambert271

Loyal Member
Hi, i have many records for both Manchester & Salford. I am always eiher buying new ones or transcribing them. If i can help i will but depends on what your looking for.
Hi Ben ( sorry to highjack your post Corrina)

I am trying to find a birth record of an Ada Johnson b c1881 Manchester with a father Joseph, a table blade forger, and wondered if you have anything which may help

this is the post I made, hope you can understand it
http://www.forum.familyhistory.uk.com/showthread.php?t=12016&highlight=ada+johnson

thanks
dave

oznannie

Loyal Member
Hi Dave
Quick question, was Ada born before 1881 census?
I've looked in 1891 with her father's name with no luck.
Thanks
ozn

davelambert271

Loyal Member
Hi Ozn

I don't know, all I have is she was 19 when she married in 1900 and again on the 1901 census. She was 30 on the 1911.

It is her birth I'm trying to find,also her parents

dave

Ben

Hi Dave, sorry to say i came up with a blank regarding your Ada Johnson. I had a look at what records i have but found no one to fit the bill. As there was no legal adoptions back then, it is possible she was taken in by another family.

davelambert271

Loyal Member
Hi Ben
I noticed you were spending some time looking. Thanks very much for your time. I think she's probably illegit and her mother went to Manchester for the birth. thanks again,

dave