• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Family History UK - Logo

admin

Loyal Member
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.familyhistory.uk.com
Hi all,

We are looking to update the web sites (Main, Tree and Forums) soon and are looking for suggestions for the Family History UK logo.

We are not sure of the colours as yet, but maybe green or blue.

Anyway the current logo is:

Looking for some good suggestions FHUK Members :)

Thanks and all the best,
Dave

leefer

Loyal Member
Personally i would prefer the dalmation effect.....a white background and lots of black spots.

Just dont put the letters together as F.H.U.K......you may get a lot of hits from the weirder side of the communityredf)redf)

I like it as it is....though the site would be better with the features already discused.

Personally i would prefer the dalmation effect.....a white background and lots of black spots.

Just dont put the letters together as F.H.U.K......you may get a lot of hits from the weirder side of the communityredf)redf)

I like it as it is....though the site would be better with the features already discused.
I'm not keen on the Dalmation effect, however i do agree about the way the letters are put together and with the added features.

Re the Logo

Much as it bugs me to admit it :D the site is used by people from many countries particularly by our friends in Aus. I have been trying to think of a word instead of UK, like say Worldwide, which would convey this and perhaps encourage other nationalities to use the site. By ceasing to use UK it would answer Leefers concern regarding the letters. If you Google the letters FHUK, one result gives a definition of a pathetic misspelling of a word on a bathroom stall in a public high school.

dave

Re the Logo

Much as it bugs me to admit it :D the site is used by people from many countries particularly by our friends in Aus. I have been trying to think of a word instead of UK, like say Worldwide, which would convey this and perhaps encourage other nationalities to use the site. By ceasing to use UK it would answer Leefers concern regarding the letters. If you Google the letters FHUK, one result gives a definition of a pathetic misspelling of a word on a bathroom stall in a public high school.

dave
I have actually seen that Dave and it's not at all appropriate for Family History,

It would be nice if we came up with something that doesn't have UK in the heading, that way it can't be misunderstood or misused or ridiculed.

leefer

Loyal Member
Re the Logo

dave
:2fun::2fun:......love it,just choked on me milky coffee.

Re the Logo

dave

I think Family History World Wide .... FHWW

admin

Loyal Member
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.familyhistory.uk.com
Totally agree with
Originally Posted by davelambert271

Re the Logo

dave
But look at the result of the google search fhuk we are the top 3 listed - which in the world of webmasters - is brilliant! There are not many companies out there that can do that!

We must also remember that the domain name (purchased many years ago) is set for uk.com, plus there is no .worldwide domain except .com

Back to the logo - there are no budding artists willing to have a bash?
Maybe that we will leave it very simple - just words! Simple:)

Cheers,
Dave

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Just googled the fhuk and saw that thing that related to a school bathroom stall. :eek::eek:

I think FHWW Family History World Wide is good.

sterico

Loyal Member
Its better to leave fhuk as uk , if you start changing it , we would lose our high status on the search engines , also if you start to advertise world wide instead of uk ,we would have a language problem ,then of course the inevitable cost of re registering the name . besides fhuk is united kingdom based and my thoughts are if it's working and it isnt broke dont fix it just look after it

Attachments

Hi
I see what you are saying, more involved than us amatures know about.
In that case I say leave it as it is. It looks proffesional and the colours particularly the home page and Community Forum are pleasing to the eye. I don't like strong brash colours, they are not easy to look at for any period of time and in my mind could make it look tacky. If you want to alter the heading you could perhaps make FAMILY HISTORY in a curve over UK rather than a straight line

dave

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Admin Dave is right about the domain name and the position in the search engines.

FAMILY HISTORY
UK​

in some shade of blue with a change of font is fine.