• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Family living at a specific address??

Andrew193

Is it possible to find out who was living at a specific address in 1900??
I'm trying to find out which of the Furniss family were living at 78 Church Street, St Helens, Lancashire in February 1900. I have a baptism record that has that address but I also have a conflicting address of 12 Kensington Street, Liverpool just before this so not sure if it's the same family.

ptjw7

Loyal Member
They may not have lived there, but wanted to get Eveline christened at the particular church!
Perhaps a family member lived at that address( I have known it to happen)
At 1900 only certain male members were on Electoral rolls and only then under some circumstances!

Andrew193

They may not have lived there, but wanted to get Eveline christened at the particular church!
Perhaps a family member lived at that address( I have known it to happen)
At 1900 only certain male members were on Electoral rolls and only then under some circumstances!
That is certainly possible. Now off to try and find who lived in Church Street.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Is it possible to find out who was living at a specific address in 1900??
I'm trying to find out which of the Furniss family were living at 78 Church Street, St Helens, Lancashire in February 1900. I have a baptism record that has that address but I also have a conflicting address of 12 Kensington Street, Liverpool just before this so not sure if it's the same family.
Just a thought but could that be the church address?? Such as St Helens church at 78 Church st

Church of England

1. St Helen (formerly St Mary), Church St, St Helens, WA10 1AR
    St Helen (formerly St Mary) is located at OS Grid Reference - SJ 513952
    Founded: 1552
https://www.lan-opc.org.uk/St-Helens/St-Helens/churches.html

Andrew193

I see that FMP now has an address search for the census records but I do not have a sub so cannot view:(
Perhaps someone could look up who was at no 78 for 1891 and 1900 to see if its a relation!
I don't have a sub either so it won't let me see anything. Could some kind person take a look at both 78 Church Street St Helens and 12 Kensington Street Liverpool please?

gibbo

Loyal Member
I don't have a sub either so it won't let me see anything. Could some kind person take a look at both 78 Church Street St Helens and 12 Kensington Street Liverpool please?
British newspaper archives. Advertisement in their papers, maybe apartments up stairs were rented out. Doesn't help you tho.

Published: Tuesday 02 November 1897
Newspaper: Liverpool Echo
County: Lancashire, England

PHOTOGRAPHIC COPYING COMPANY, 12, Kensington-street, Liverpool.
https://www.britishnewspaperarchive...l&retrievecountrycounts=false&sortorder=score

Andrew193

British newspaper archives. Advertisement in their papers, maybe apartments up stairs were rented out. Doesn't help you tho.

Published: Tuesday 02 November 1897
Newspaper: Liverpool Echo
County: Lancashire, England

PHOTOGRAPHIC COPYING COMPANY, 12, Kensington-street, Liverpool.
https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/search/results/1850-01-01/1899-12-31?basicsearch="12 kensington street liverpool"&phrasesearch=12 kensington street liverpool&retrievecountrycounts=false&sortorder=score
Yes that would have been my G/grandfather who was a photographer at the time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 1871 Census Request 3
DaveHam9 Travel and Migration 2
M Scottish Genealogy Roots 16
DaveHam9 Births 2
DaveHam9 1911 Census Request 3
DaveHam9 1861 Census Request 4