• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

family of James Walker

romany rose

Valued Member
Hi
please could someone do a look up for me :)
I have James Walker born 1854 @Whitehall Rd Bramley Leeds,his occupation was iron moulder/printers compositor-and he married Ann Eliza Mayhall in @St Matthias ,Burley Leeds March 18 1876--he died 22/6/1880 @3 Pollard St New Wortley from TB
1851- He was a Mechanic journeymanJames and Ann had 1 son that I am aware of James Henry Walker born 5/1/1880 @3 Pollard St New Wortley Ann widow onto marry again.
- --I am looking for any other children born to James and Ann,it may be a possibility has they were married for 3 years before the son James Henry was born====
-I have the birth &death certs for James senior and Ann,and also the marriage cert,also Ann`s second marriage cert to William Henry Hawkins ,this marriage occurred at ST John the Baptist Wortley,Leeds in 1882 with which she had 7 children-her first born wa sliving with her and stepfather in the census in Islington-which is where William`s family came from in 1901 they were living at 1 Carville St,Islington
Regards
Romany Rosex

romany rose

Valued Member
Dave
Thank you-it is possible,has I said 4 years to be married before the birth of James Henry in 1880,makes it probable that there may have been other children
James Henry creates a problem,has my mum said that she could not remember having any Aunts or Uncles,and it seems that apart from one step sibling Mary that he was not close to any of the other 6 step siblings
Romany Rose x:)

I am having difficulty finding James Henry's birth in 1880. I am surprised that he does not appear to be on the W Yorks parish registers. I presume you have proof of his birth and parents

dave